Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-23-2019, 09:30 AM   #1021
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Most (AC) power cords are standard. Look at Amazon for the end that plugs into the brick. 2-wire: Figure 8, squared 8. 3 wire: the common IEC, or MouseEars
Yeah, I ordered one Thursday, but it's going to take a week to get here. I should probably have ordered a new battery for the netbook, too, since it's vintage 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller
Yeah, I think the main thing added since 6.5.5 is KFX support. And you'd want to use the plugin if you needed to deal with those anyway.
Then I'm glad I left the 6.6 plug-in in Calibre. I haven't tried downloading a KFX to test it yet though.

My Macbook Air survived its surgery yesterday, but it's nice to know I have backups just in case.

Last edited by NNolan; 03-23-2019 at 09:32 AM.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:04 PM   #1022
apprenticeharper
Apprentices Against DRM
apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Laptop
I've posted a new release at my GitHub repository. This adds minimal support for the new .kinf2018 key file in Kindle for Mac/PC 1.25.1

Last edited by apprenticeharper; 03-30-2019 at 12:10 PM.
apprenticeharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:22 PM   #1023
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by apprenticeharper View Post
I've posted a new release at my GitHub repository. This adds minimal support for the new .kinf2018 key file in Kindle for Mac/PC 1.25.1
You rock bro. Thank you!
Old 03-30-2019, 01:32 PM   #1024
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:04 PM   #1025
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
I tried it and it didn't work for me. I posted the details as an issue on GitHub.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:32 PM   #1026
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I tried it and it didn't work for me. I posted the details as an issue on GitHub.
Thanks, same result (using latest K4PC to download then import books). You saved me the GH post.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:42 AM   #1027
apprenticeharper
Apprentices Against DRM
apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Laptop
The way the decryption key for the values in the key file is generated has changed. It'll need more code changes than I'd hoped.

And I forgot that there was a separate section to find the key file on the Mac.

So some reverse engineering/debugging is required to find the new method.

Harper.
apprenticeharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:38 AM   #1028
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Oh well. I'l stick with 1.17 then.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #1029
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
I had it working in Windows 7 on a netbook without resorting to Calibre. Too bad I lost the power cord to that netbook. This is just another reason to dislike Windows 10.
I see that you have this working now, but for what it's worth, I've been using inept et al. since early i(heart)cabbages days on Linux and Mac but after switching to Windows a few months ago I also futzed with this for a while before just giving in and installing Calibre.

My impression is that pretty much everyone on Windows uses Calibre for this kind of thing anyway so the command line and scripts are kind of underdeveloped there; and it's just a pain to setup the development environment.

OTOH, you can setup Ubuntu on Windows now
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:28 PM   #1030
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
I see that you have this working now, but for what it's worth, I've been using inept et al. since early i(heart)cabbages days on Linux and Mac but after switching to Windows a few months ago I also futzed with this for a while before just giving in and installing Calibre.

My impression is that pretty much everyone on Windows uses Calibre for this kind of thing anyway so the command line and scripts are kind of underdeveloped there; and it's just a pain to setup the development environment.
I actually had been using the standalone scripts for the longest time. Last working version on Windows was v6.5.5.

The addition of KFX support (v6.6.0) broke the Windows DeDRM app. This was on the exact same system and python setup where v6.5.5 and older ran. Even tested the scripts side by side and v6.5.5 worked but v6.6.x did not. I finally learned v6.6.0 had additional dependencies (LZMA) and for the life of me, I couldn't find a way to get it installed on Windows. PyPI doesn't want to work and I can't find working standalone Windows install packages for pylzma or backports.lzma. I've given up and just switched my standalone scripts to v6.5.5 and use Calibre when I need KFX.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:48 AM   #1031
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Hello, i just noticed i did a stupid thing.
Some months ago, after an Os X upgrade, i updated Adobe Digital Edition on my macbook to 4.5 version.
Also bought and borrowed books (and drm removed them with Apprentice standalone program so i have backups of everything).
For being on the safe side, I tried to download a 2.0 version from Adobe website.
During installation , it complains about an expired developer certificate.
If i run it, the app run fine but the option to register my id is disabled (of course it's not opening my original drm books but that's not a problem).
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:03 AM   #1032
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Try deactivating ADE. Open ADE and press Cmd-Shift-D. It should ask if you want to erase authorization. Click OK, close, and reopen. Then hopefully you can authorize it with your Adobe ID.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #1033
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
Try deactivating ADE. Open ADE and press Cmd-Shift-D. It should ask if you want to erase authorization. Click OK, close, and reopen. Then hopefully you can authorize it with your Adobe ID.
thank you, that did the trick!

underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:19 AM   #1034
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellsbrown View Post
Hey, guys, how about DeDRM? I have been using DRmare all the time, and I have nothing to be dissatisfied with. However, I am happy to learn about other better DRM removal tools.
Hmmm... Given that DRmare only works on Apple's audio or video files depending on which version you purchase while Apprentic Alf/Harper's DeDRM tool is intended for use on ebooks and is free, it's a bit hard to compare them. Probably even less likely to get by the moderators in this forum.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:26 AM   #1035
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hmmm... Given that DRmare only works on Apple's audio or video files depending on which version you purchase while Apprentic Alf/Harper's DeDRM tool is intended for use on ebooks and is free, it's a bit hard to compare them. Probably even less likely to get by the moderators in this forum.
Spam zapped. It's more helpful to the moderators to report spam using the [!] report button, rather than commenting on it in-thread.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote