Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
timepiece
timepiece began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2019
Txt file display changes?

I noticed something last night - display of txt files on my Kindle has changed sometime in the last week. Anyone heard anything about that?

I use a txt file for all my browser bookmarks on the Kindle - since you can write html but give it a txt extension, you can fit a lot more on the page than with the official browser bookmarks.

I formatted mine as a 9 section table (3x3), and have been using it for months. But last night, I opened it up, and the table is gone - they're displaying as a long list, and they no longer fit on a single page. I don't know exactly when I last saw it the right way, but probably around Wednesday.

Anyone know how to fix? I really liked my grid of links. A left-justified list wastes a lot of space.
timepiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Have you tried a reset? That fixes a lot of weird glitches.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert