Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
Joyful
Connoisseur
Joyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kobo
Any chance this could be a Calibre issue?

I had a Wifi Kobo that behaved well for a few weeks then I started having issues
- it would freeze / books wouldn't open / books wouldn't show up inside of Calibre / books showing on the Kobo titled "Chapter1", "Chapter 2", etc. ,

...to name a few.

Couldn't solve the problem so I returned the Kobo and got a new one.

Some of the same issues are occuring
- it freezes after reading a few pages
- it will sometimes reboot on it's own
- the paperclip trick to reboot isn't working
- it will reboot if I plug it in but the battery shows a full charge and the blue light comes on when plugged in
-some books wouldn't open
- if I leave it alone for a while it freezes rather than going to sleep

Do I have really bad luck in getting 2 Kobos with issues or is this software related?
I'm confused because my first Wifi Kobo worked for a while but at some point it developped issues. Could they be related to any updates of Calibre?

I also have an original Kobo which seems to be working fine with the same updated version of Calibre, just to add to my confusion.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

(I have posted my problems in the Kobo forum under the thread entitled "3rd day of frustration with my wireless Kobo")

Windows 7 64bit
WiFi Kobo
Calibre 0.7.32 (although when my troubles started I had an earlier version)

Joyful
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
well if you're suspicious that a calibre update caused it, you can always go back a few versions and try with that. All previous calibre releases are available on sourceforge.net

As I am obviously biased, I will not comment on whether I think it's likely to be a calibre issue
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 01:18 AM   #3
apswartz
e-book reader
apswartz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Google Play Books on Samsung Tablet
P.S.
Try a more descriptive title for your message.
apswartz is offline   Reply With Quote