Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 04:02 PM   #1
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Ipad Pro 9.7,Nook Glowlight 3,Kindle Oasis 2
Unhappy What can I do now?

I am trying to move my caliber data from my windows 7 laptop to my new windows 10 64 bit laptop. I have spent the better part of 2 days at this and am failing miserably. I am following directions given on a MobileRead forum but it has been horrible. I get as far as the step where you import previously exported data. When I try to select the folder with the exported data that I copied over earlier It just won't do it. It keeps trying to grab a folder from one drive. What can I do? The folder that I want is on the pc, not one drive. Can anybody tell me what to do????
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Windows 10 tablet,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

I highly recommend that you uninstall Oneproblem uh OneDrive.

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
I am trying to move my caliber data from my windows 7 laptop to my new windows 10 64 bit laptop. I have spent the better part of 2 days at this and am failing miserably. I am following directions given on a MobileRead forum but it has been horrible. I get as far as the step where you import previously exported data. When I try to select the folder with the exported data that I copied over earlier It just won't do it. It keeps trying to grab a folder from one drive. What can I do? The folder that I want is on the pc, not one drive. Can anybody tell me what to do????
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
For a non-working Computer, I recommend pulling the drive and putting it in a USB caddy ( cloning adapter work also. Just has no case)
For a Working system: A Network SHARE (but don't use Calibre with this).
Copy the Library folder or Calibre Exported Archives folder over to the new system.

Then (for the Library copy) Switch/Create: Use Existing: <where you stashed it>: mostly Done. This did not bring in you plugins or user settings

or
Import the (exported) archive : Done
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:51 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Where is the Export folder - i.e it's path.

If it's within in the Documents folder then that's probably why OneDrive is popping its head up. If that's true I suggest moving the Export folder out of Documents into your home directory.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:22 PM   #5
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Ipad Pro 9.7,Nook Glowlight 3,Kindle Oasis 2
Thanks for the replies everyone. Before I read these I gave it one more go and accepted the onedrive grab from the documents folder...sort of by mistake. But it worked...I now have my Calibre installed and working on my new pc! I will follow the first recommendation and just disconnect my pc from onedrive and hopefully all will go well. Thanks everyone. I really do not want to re do this and possibly mess it up...it was so trying for a non techie.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert