Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-14-2022, 09:20 AM   #1
Vergina1991
Vergina1991 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Problem with touch lux 5

Hello!
I have a brand new pocketbook touch lux 5. I loaded some stuff from send-to-pocketbook.
I took it my backpack, and when i took it out, the screen looks like this.
Even when I turn it off, this page still remains.
Any ideas what I can do?
I am desperate
https://ibb.co/6H97Ctr
https://ibb.co/7Xjj9c6
Vergina1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:42 AM   #2
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Replace the screen or the device. You cracked the glass substrate or it cracked itself (can happen from rapid temperature change) unfortunately. Basically there's a thin layer of glass that the eink particles sit on and it's now cracked. It's a pretty common way of breaking these devices unfortunately. Maybe you can contact Pocketbook and they will help you out since you just got it?

There's a few eInk devices that use a plastic substrate which is harder to break like the Kobo Forma and Boox Note but they're generally higher end and cost more. Small readers are basically all glass.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
pocketbook touch lux 5, problem