Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2017, 09:38 PM   #1
Simpetus
Enthusiast
Simpetus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Question Freeze after powering on.

I am on the latest February Firmware and still have that issue: sometimes, when you turn Aura H2O "On" after it has been in "Power off" state, as soon as the main screen loads the system freezes and the only way to get it work again is to long press power button and perform soft reset, after which the e-reader starts and loads normally.

At the start I was thinking it somehow connected to the WiFi being On, but yesterday I have got the same issue when it was Off.

What should I do and are there any workarounds to stop this issue to happen (except RMA, I am way far from Warranty Date).

Thank you very much.
Simpetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What happens if you connect to a PC? Does it display the computer detected dialog? If it does, it suggests the device is running, but not detecting any touches.

In any case, at this point, I would suggest a factory reset. That will either fix it, or show it can't be fixed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2017, 12:38 AM   #3
Simpetus
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What happens if you connect to a PC? Does it display the computer detected dialog? If it does, it suggests the device is running, but not detecting any touches.

In any case, at this point, I would suggest a factory reset. That will either fix it, or show it can't be fixed.
Hey, thanks for the reply! I will try to catch this freeze issue and connect the e-reader to the PC, have not tried it before.

In fact I did Hard Reset (using a pin-hole) couple of times. As you can see, problem still persist.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:59 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpetus View Post
In fact I did Hard Reset (using a pin-hole) couple of times. As you can see, problem still persist.
That is something you should try, but it isn't a factory reset. A factory reset formats the root and book partition and writes a copy of the factory firmware to the root partition and triggers a setup. There are a few ways to do this, but the simplest in the state the device in is the manual method on https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/arti...o%20Aura%20H2O.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:16 AM   #5
Tyger
Tyger began at the beginning.

Device: kobo N416
I have a kobo aura H2o did a sync last night, the screen turned white/blank and doesn't do anything else. I can turn it on and off, and the screen will stay white/blank. The power button flashes, and keeps flashing. Is there a way to fix this? I stuck a pin in the reset button the kobo turned off and on but the screen didn't change.
Tyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2017, 02:06 AM   #6
Simpetus
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

I have tried to connect PC cable after another freeze, nothing happens. After about 20 seconds e-reader restarts automatically. I have tried to do factory reset, but the problem still persist.