Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-20-2020, 06:18 PM   #1
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
Question Strange Lag Note2. Anyone else?

Hi, I want to know if someone is experiencing this and if someone know how to solve it:

With the old and new firmware, is the same. I pair the Bluetooth keyboard (I have tried with two differents, now im using this) start an app and for a few minutes some keys dont work. For example if I press a, i, o, e, p...nothing happens and others work just fine, instantly. After pressing lots of time, all eventualy work. Sometimes turning off and turning on the devices solve this.

This happens in different word/office apps, some simple and basic, some complex and heavy. It has to do with ram? Sometimes if I start the typing app just after connecting the device, this do not happen and all keys work fine. I have tried also installing different keyboard apps, to map o remap keyboards (I write in spanish most of time) but with all of them this keep happening.
This also happen with a wired keyboard.

When I reached Boox, they told me that they will continue trying to solve it, but they didn't know.

This happens in note3? Someone has Note2 and this doesn't happen?
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:13 PM   #2
james_
Connoisseur
james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3,Oasis, YotaPhone 2, Boox Note2, Mi Pad 4+, Kobo Mini & Forma
Thanks for posting this. Helps the rest of us to be cautious! I just got my Note2 today from Onyx and it seems to work just fine with my Bluetooth keyboard. I use a Lenovo Thinkpad Keyboard 2 (model EBK-209A) which works really well with this device.

These are about 120$ new but you can pick them up cheap secondhand for more like 20 bucks on fleabay. They are usually ex corporate, mine was pretty much unused. A really nice typing experience and you also have a mouse pointer built in, so your eReader becomes a eInk laptop when you rest it in the top of the keyboard. Also because these keyboards are ancient, more likely to be compatible with just about anything you try them with. You might be able to source a Spanish one from a latin american country on the cheap... or from spain.. lenovo are good at that kind of thing!

Good luck!
james_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:14 AM   #3
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Thanks for your answer! I'll look and try to find some spanish keyboard, if posible from lenovo. I would like some foldable model because I take the reader to my work. But if doesn't type correctly, the foldable part doesn't worth for much...
Old 12-03-2020, 09:19 AM   #4
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkccerbero View Post
This also happen with a wired keyboard.
Then it's not caused by bluetooth. Have you tried it with Jota?
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 05:39 PM   #5
dkccerbero
Connoisseur

Sorry, what is Jota?
Old 12-06-2020, 10:00 AM   #6
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
It is a text editing app. I suggest you try it to ensure that the lag is not due to the apps you are using. If the lag still occurs with Jota, then you can be confident that the lag is not app related.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:47 PM   #7
dkccerbero
Connoisseur

I understand now, thanks!

Tags
bluetooth keyboard, note 2, problem, writing