Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-16-2019, 06:43 AM   #1
hainh
hainh began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, Nokia 8
My PW3 auto updated and it seems hotfix 1.15.N is not working on 5.11.2 anymore?

Hi,

I need my kindle jailbroken... again.

TLDR; Is hotfix 1.15.N not working in kindle 5.11.2? If it still works, how?

Full; I'm losing my mind today. Some days ago which I don't remember, I turned on wifi to sync a book from kindle email then forgot to turn it off. And long time ago I somehow accidentally deleted those 'prevent updating' things on the kindle hard drive. So now my kindle is at its 5.11.2 version (magically). I looked through my computer folders then copy the old (but glory) hotfix that I used every time to recover the jailbreak to kindle's root directory. Turned to my kindle it told me:

Code:
Update Error

An invalid update file has been loaded on your 
device. Please go to 
www.amazon.com/devicesupport to access the
Kindle Software Update page or to contact 
Kindle Customer Service for assistance.
and the file was deleted.

That's all what I did to my kindle.
hainh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:54 AM   #2
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
I had the same problem (discussed from here and resolved ). Download the most recent hotfix, this worked for me.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2019, 07:28 AM   #3
hainh

Oh well, thank you. I should've checked it first. I'm try to install the hotfix, guessing reinstall everything.
Have a good day!
Old 07-16-2019, 07:37 AM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hainh View Post
I'm try to install the hotfix
Have you succeeded?
We have more failure reports with the latest hotfix.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
5.11.x should be okay. Jury's still out on 5.12.x until I get some logs, but it appears to be more evil at a glance.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2019, 10:30 AM   #6
hainh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Have you succeeded?
We have more failure reports with the latest hotfix.
It did show a success update but the previous KUAL installed not worked. I'm reading all again on how to install these things.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:53 AM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's perfectly normal. A FW update basically throws you back to a post-hotfix state. You basically have to reinstall anything that came in a .bin except for the bridge/hotfix itself .

You only ever need to reinstall the hotfix/bridge in case yours is something like three years old. Or you want to make extra sure it's got its claws in before doing a factory reset.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-16-2019 at 10:55 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:32 AM   #8
hainh

Luckily my kindle has my favorite screen savers now.
Though reinstalling process took quite some time for me.
Now Im trying install python to see if cover works.
Thank you!
---
It works fine.

Last edited by hainh; 07-17-2019 at 04:17 AM.