Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-17-2019, 05:20 PM   #1486
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Self-pub. Sounds interesting. Quite a few pages (181?).

But what I need is a book on finding the money to retire. The money.
Maybe you could just write a best-selling book on how to retire on someone else's money?
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #1487
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Maybe you could just write a best-selling book on how to retire on someone else's money?
If I could find out how to retire on someone else's money, I wouldn't bother with writing the book.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:15 PM   #1488
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
If I could find out how to retire on someone else's money, I wouldn't bother with writing the book.
I think cc_in_oh meant the other people's money that would allow you to retire would be the money you get from selling the book.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:13 AM   #1489
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does anyone know if there's a thread for game-related ebook deals, e.g. poker, bridge, chess? I think many of the good ones wouldn't fall to the $3 threshold to make this thread but still might be attractive deals.

-Thanks
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:38 PM   #1490
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Does anyone know if there's a thread for game-related ebook deals, e.g. poker, bridge, chess? I think many of the good ones wouldn't fall to the $3 threshold to make this thread but still might be attractive deals.

-Thanks
cc, you're welcome to post whatever you like here so long as you think the price is a bargain! In the alternative, you're welcome to start a new thread.

Dialectical Behavior Therapy Workbook - free
https://www.amazon.com/Dialectical-B...dp/B07V5XBSD4/

BAM! How To Write An Ebook & Upload To Kindle - free
https://www.amazon.com/BAM-Write-Ebo...dp/B00QANFPYM/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:28 PM   #1491
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/Originals-How...dp/B00XIYGCDO/

Cute Funny Jokes Book: KITTEN Jokes & Riddles for Kids: (Early Readers Age 6-9) - free
https://www.amazon.com/Cute-Funny-Jo...dp/B00IJMHOE6/

Moon Shot: The Inside Story of America's Apollo Moon Landings - $2.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S2UAKG
Old 07-21-2019, 10:16 PM   #1492
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

-Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
cc, you're welcome to post whatever you like here so long as you think the price is a bargain! In the alternative, you're, welcome to start a new thread.
<snip>
If I understand correctly, these ebooks of which you speak would teach a person how to play games, etc. I don't think that there would be any issue with them being posted on the "sticky" "Non-Fiction" thread, just as there wouldn't be any issue with posting ebooks on that thread teaching you how to do other things.

If, in the future, you want to post any actual games, played on some mobile device, I think that you may "safely" do that on the non-sticky "FREE/BARGAIN -- Media Deals (non-eBook/non-audiobook)" thread.

There is no price ceiling for things that you post on those threads. However, this is a "Deals and Resources" forum/subforum, so you would want to make sure that the item is an especially good price--a "deal."

I notice that you have not been a posting member very long. I think that I know the MobileRead.com culture well enough to say that ebooks teaching a person how to gamble on (a) game(s) is probably verboten. Probably the same thing would be true of posting mobile apps that involve gambling (if there are such things) or posting ebooks which tell people about those apps or how to use them.

If you are still hesitant, send a message to the subforum or thread moderator (I'm unsure about who the present moderator(s) is(are)), and ask.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 07-21-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:23 PM   #1493
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
(I'm unsure about who the present moderator(s) is(are)).
The moderator for the Deals and Resources forum is listed at the bottom of that page. It is tubemonkey.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:02 AM   #1494
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The moderator for the Deals and Resources forum is listed at the bottom of that page. It is tubemonkey.
Thank you.

I noticed tubemonkey's name, as moderator, at the bottom of the "Deals & Resources." I never saw anyone's name at the bottom of an individual thread.

I hesitated to put tubemonkey's name, because I don't know how active he is monitoring all of the threads--he's got a lot on his plate just handling the "Audiobooks" thread.

It seems that some of the mods "cover" for him on the other threads, at least--I've gotten some . . . uh . . . instructions, via PM's, from other mods, about, some things that I've written on a thread in this subforum/forum. But now who are they? Have they rotated recently? Do they go by a schedule?

I was deliberately vague because I didn't know the answers to the above questions, and I thought that someone, like yourself, would chime in and provide additional information.

ADDENDUM: I suppose that any mod would answer your questions. Look for links to their mailboxes where they've made posts.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 07-22-2019 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:58 AM   #1495
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Crush It On The Kindle: The Beginners Guide to Publishing, Promoting, and Selling more eBooks on Amazon - free
https://www.amazon.com/Crush-Kindle-...dp/B009ZLDP8E/
Old 07-23-2019, 03:07 AM   #1496
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would certainly be interested in deals for instructional books to improve my game skills.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:53 PM   #1497
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Design Smarts: Inspiration for Home+life - free
https://www.amazon.com/Design-Smarts...dp/B07QTBHQ27/
Old 07-24-2019, 12:27 AM   #1498
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Design Smarts: Inspiration for Home+life - free
https://www.amazon.com/Design-Smarts...dp/B07QTBHQ27/
Looks like a good book, from a writing standpoint.

It's a self-pub, if that matters to you.

I was hoping that the book would be filled will nice, colorful photos, like that one on the cover. But, I saw none in the preview.

There are some formatting issues in the preview. Nothing that you can't read around fairly easily. The real Kindle book may be fine, I don't know--I haven't checked mine, yet.

From what little I saw (read, mainly), it's certainly worth its price.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 07-24-2019 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:39 PM   #1499
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

The Idea Lifestyle Bundle (box of 3) - free
https://www.amazon.com/Idea-Lifestyl...dp/B01JD4E1UI/
Old 07-26-2019, 06:30 AM   #1500
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:

I was hoping that the book would be filled will nice, colorful photos, like that one on the cover. But, I saw none in the preview.
It's rare to get color photos in self-pubs because the cost is prohibitive for paperback and not all Kindles do color. Some authors are catching on that it's worth having them in the ebook versions because more recent devices show color.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote