Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-09-2019, 09:43 PM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Make Sure that You Check Your Text Messages--Amazon May Have Nice Gift for You.

SlickDeals reports that Amazon is giving away a $50 Amazon gift card, plus a $5 promo credit This is a targeted offer, of course, and if you are one of the lucky ones, they will let you know by text message.

Perhaps it would be even faster if you go to this SlickDeals webpage, Click on either "Click here," a link in blue on the lefthand side, or the green box in the middle of the page that says "See Deal." A webpage from Amazon with come up that says if you are or are not a winner.

I followed that procedure, but I already knew that I wasn't a winner--reason being, I don't get Amazon text messages. I need another text message account like I need some more apps on my smartphone (I don't!).

BTW--on the SlickDeals webpage where you can click to find out if you've been selected, there is a list of "Top Amazon Coupons & Promo Codes." They look pretty good!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 07-09-2019 at 09:48 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:51 AM   #2
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Unless I'm not one of the chosen few, I'm seeing the same thing that SlickDeals reports on their page:

Amazon offers Select Amazon Accounts: $5 Amazon Promotional Credit with an Amazon Gift Card Purchase of $50+ Sent by Text Message

From Amazon's official page:

Send at least $50 in Amazon.com Gift Cards by text message and in a single order by December 22, 2019, and receive a $5 promotional credit automatically applied to your account after the qualifying gift card has been sent via text message.

An email notification will also be sent within three (3) days after the gift card is sent by text message, confirming your Amazon.com Promotional Credit.

--

So you aren't getting a $50 gift card free, you're just getting a $5 promo credit if you text a $50 gift card by December.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post

So you aren't getting a $50 gift card free, you're just getting a $5 promo credit if you text a $50 gift card by December.
This.

I sent myself the $50 gift card via text message and got the $5 credit.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #4
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Yep, you all are correct.

I refuse to take all of the blame, howvever. Either SlickDeals or Amazon or both did not express themselves very clearly, IMHO.

$5 is a measles (stupid autocorrect! I want "m-e-a-s-l-e-y") "10%, and that's credit, not cash! You probably can get better deals any time at eBay and other stores which buy unwanted gift cards and then resell them. B&M stores sometimes have sales on gift cards. If the three of us are correct, you can stick your text messages up your n*se, Amazon.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:50 PM   #5
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I got the $5 credit with purchase/sending of $50 gift card (by text) as well, but I didn't post it since it looked to be a targeted offer. As others have done, I sent the gift card to myself, and it was easy to redeem.

I actually spend enough at Amazon that I'm happy to get $5 of credit for spending money I would spend anyway.

Hard to believe, but I do actually buy things other than e-books from Amazon, mostly stuff for our house, as well as some special no-scent products for one of our family members with skin sensitivity, so using the $50 is not a problem. And getting $5 credit for ebooks for it is all goodness then to me...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote