Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-23-2019, 10:27 AM   #61
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Last Day -- deadline 23 May

...to file an objection or request for exclusion.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:05 AM   #62
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
I canceled my Audible yesterday, been a member since 2004 and when you got an actual device with your subscription.

Kind of sad they don't have a "dormant" mode or something. I can reactivate at any time so it's the same thing really....just emotionally different.

I simply have too many audible books I haven't yet listened too.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:13 AM   #63
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Audible’s site clearly tells you that credits expire when you cancel your plan.

https://www.audible.co.uk/legal/cond...on-h_f6_cou#p4

“Audible Plan Terms”, Section 7, “Cancellation of Audible Plans”:
Interesting that they don't word it like "before you cancel, be sure to buy books with your existing credits because the credits expire when you close your account"
Old 05-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #64
leebase
Karma Kameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I have a grandfathered yearly plan for $10 a year and no credits. I prefer it to the credit plans.
Is that even necessary any more? You keep access to all your library even after you cancel. What's the $10 per year for?

BTW, I would pay the $10 per year to keep my account....just because it feels sad now that I've canceled after 15 years of being a member. And I only canceled to stopped having to buy new books when I've so many I have yet to listen to.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:23 AM   #65
leebase
Karma Kameleon

Quote:
Please do note the following from the Audible Ts&Cs:

Ie it's your responsibility to back it up and keep it safe!
How does one backup an Audible book?
Old 05-24-2019, 09:26 AM   #66
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm not sure I understand the question. There's nothing special about an Audible book. It's just a file. You back it up in the same way you'd back up any other file.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #67
leebase
Karma Kameleon

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand the question. There's nothing special about an Audible book. It's just a file. You back it up in the same way you'd back up any other file.
I guess I'm coming from the perspective on one who uses his iPhone for Audible. I didn't think about using the website on my computer.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:25 PM   #68
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Is that even necessary any more? You keep access to all your library even after you cancel. What's the $10 per year for?

BTW, I would pay the $10 per year to keep my account....just because it feels sad now that I've canceled after 15 years of being a member. And I only canceled to stopped having to buy new books when I've so many I have yet to listen to.
Well, I do get the member's discount, plus I do buy new audiobooks on a regular basis.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:10 AM   #69
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I guess I'm coming from the perspective on one who uses his iPhone for Audible. I didn't think about using the website on my computer.
If you download the books to your PC, you can then back them up.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:30 AM   #70
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Well, I do get the member's discount, plus I do buy new audiobooks on a regular basis.
I take it that the 30% discount pays for itself if you buy only one book a year?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:17 PM   #71
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I take it that the 30% discount pays for itself if you buy only one book a year?
I haven't really thought about it. Looking at the price of one audiobook verses the member price, yea it pays for itself if I buy 1 book a year, and I tend to buy a lot more than that. I've had an audible account since 2005, which is why I have the grandfathered account, though I wouldn't be shocked if at some point, they try to force me to switch over to a monthly account. Of course, if they do that, it would a case of maybe killing the golden goose, given how many audiobooks I've bought from them.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:24 PM   #72
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
I canceled my Audible yesterday, been a member since 2004 and when you got an actual device with your subscription.

Kind of sad they don't have a "dormant" mode or something. I can reactivate at any time so it's the same thing really....just emotionally different.

I simply have too many audible books I haven't yet listened too.
They have a hiatus program, which is for a maximum of three months, every 12 months.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:17 PM   #73
leebase
Karma Kameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
They have a hiatus program, which is for a maximum of three months, every 12 months.
Yep. 3 months came and went and wasn’t nearly enough time
Old 06-12-2019, 01:19 AM   #74
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
I used to be an Audible member. I was clearly told by their customer service department that I'd lose any accrued credits when I cancelled my account.
I’ve also had a message flash up if i’ve tried to cancel before using my remaining credits. That’s how I discovered this clause.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:21 AM   #75
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I’ve also had a message flash up if i’ve tried to cancel before using my remaining credits. That’s how I discovered this clause.
I use to pay for an account for my nephew and niece. I was clearly told that I would lose any credits when I canceled the account. Since it still had 12 credits (after the first couple of years, they stopped using it, which was the reason for canceling), I bought 12 books, then canceled.