Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Cats vs Dogs: Which wins?
Cats 41 41.41%
Dogs 44 44.44%
The blue one next to the fish 14 14.14%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #61
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl View Post
I've always been a dog person, but now I have 5-months old Jerry, a Turkish Angora cat, and isn't he gorgeous?
aaarrg !! teh cute !!!! it is too much !!! head exploding in 3...2...1... when did you get him ? what is his name ? can i come over and play with him ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #62
Supergirl
Supergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watch

Just got Jerry this week. Yes, I know it is a mouse not a cat name. One of my friends breeds turkish angora cats. Crazy fact, he likes to swim
Supergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #63
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Just got Jerry this week. Yes, I know it is a mouse not a cat name. One of my friends breeds turkish angora cats. Crazy fact, he likes to swim
swim, eh ? that is crazy. although i have heard that there are cats who love water. my cats actually like water quite a bit, although maybe not to swim. but they like to play with the faucet. he's really adorable ! i'm so jealous, kittens are SO MUCH FUN ! is that your first cat ?
Old 12-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #64
Supergirl
Supergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watch

Well now it is time to fess up. I am giving the cat to my mom for xmas, even though I want to be selfish and keep it for myself
Supergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #65
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Well now it is time to fess up. I am giving the cat to my mom for xmas, even though I want to be selfish and keep it for myself
aw ! i don't think i could do that. i would get too attached, waiting for christmas, and have to keep him. (i'm such a sucker. that's how i ended up with my 2, more or less. i didn't plan to have *any* cats, to be honest, and somehow now i'm stuck with them. )
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #66
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna View Post
I never leave the house without at least 4 poop baggies. And if I'm taking the dogs, I carry even more.

Me too!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #67
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Here are two of my "kids," Clark (Japanese spitz) and Sophie (Siberian)

xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #68
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
swim, eh ? that is crazy. although i have heard that there are cats who love water. my cats actually like water quite a bit, although maybe not to swim. but they like to play with the faucet. he's really adorable ! i'm so jealous, kittens are SO MUCH FUN ! is that your first cat ?
Take a look at this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0DdlOuIFUI
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #69
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's another cute cat video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_AbfPXTKms
Old 12-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #70
AbbyNormal
Geek
AbbyNormal began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360, Pocket Edge, Kobo Touch
Quote:
I never leave the house without at least 4 poop baggies. And if I'm taking the dogs, I carry even more.

Nice!
AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #71
AbbyNormal
Geek
AbbyNormal began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360, Pocket Edge, Kobo Touch
Quote:
I've always been a dog person, but now I have 5-months old Jerry, a Turkish Angora cat, and isn't he gorgeous?

This is my kitty SeaBass. He's a lot fatter now.
AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #72
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Can't choose and therefore can't vote...

Currently surrounded by with a cat to my left, two dogs and another cat just beyond the dogs to my right all snoozing peacefully on the same couch (fortunately its a big one).

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:57 AM   #73
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
1. Don't waste $ 300 on shoes

2. Look where you're walking

3. How exactly does stepping in dog shit "ruin" a pair of shoes ? For $ 300 I'd want a pair of shoes that could cope with a bit of shit

4. I totally agree with you. Dog owners who don't pick up after their dogs need shooting. Twice. Just to make sure they're dead.

5. I just remembered where I was when John Lennon was shot. Chasing Yoko Ono through Central Park, trying to reload.
wow! I echo that 100%! thanks for saying it so well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyNormal View Post
Your dog is a Newfie? I LOVE LOVE LOVE big fluffy dogs!!
Newfies Rule!!!!
Quote:
what great Yoda ears!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
I've had a couple of swimming Siamese. Kindle Kitten has come through the cat flap absolutely drenched a few times. I have a very large fresh water pond on the property. I gotta figure she is down there playing
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
Here are two of my "kids," Clark (Japanese spitz) and Sophie (Siberian)
you can tell there is personality plus there!

kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:16 AM   #74
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Newfies Rule!!!!
They do indeed! But Bernese rules even more!

There is just no way in hell you can resist this!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	max.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	41208  
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:33 AM   #75
xtine
Addict

@kindlekitten Thank you! Sophie is a year and a half old who thinks she's still a puppy while Clark is just the sweetest dog I've ever had

@Slite That's one irresistible furball all right!