Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Cats vs Dogs: Which wins?
Cats 41 41.41%
Dogs 44 44.44%
The blue one next to the fish 14 14.14%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #46
AbbyNormal
Geek
AbbyNormal began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360, Pocket Edge, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna View Post
Dogs every time. I'd give any cat about 20 seconds to live if it strolled into my house...

What kind of dog is the large white fluffy one? It looks like my fluffy brownish dog. The vet said she's a Great Pyr mix.

AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:42 PM   #47
The Big Kahuna
You keep using that word.
The Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Looking at that pic I can see the resemblance. Rosie is a Pyrenean Mountain Dog, which is what Great Pyr's are called outside the colonies

You dog looks cute as hell by the way.

This is Rosie in contemplative mood...

The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #48
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Are you speaking of yourself in the third person and revealing secrets? This completely blows away the image of you I had built in my mind! And not in a good way!
just the fuzzy black thing with 4 legs and a tail!

Quote:
Looking at that pic I can see the resemblance. Rosie is a Pyrenean Mountain Dog, which is what Great Pyr's are called outside the colonies

awesome piccies! I didn't know that pyrs had color! anyway, welcome to the big dog club!

the black is mine, the bronze is her suitor from the puppy park
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pi1.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	41099   Click image for larger version

Name:	pi2.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	41100   Click image for larger version

Name:	pi11.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	41101   Click image for larger version

Name:	pi12.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	41102  
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #49
AbbyNormal
Geek

Quote:

"Outside the colonies", eh?? :P

Here is Asia looking mighty proud for having produced that large pile of fur behind her.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #50
Fuzzykinz
Lover of things fuzzeh
Fuzzykinz began at the beginning.

Device: BN nook, iPod touch second gen
As a lover of all Fuzzeh things, this I must say.

Even though cats steal the breath from your body as you slumber... they are so darn cute. But until they get big enough to scare off my snooping neighbors... Doggehs.
Fuzzykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #51
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
cleaning after cats and dogs is disgusting. in NYC I'm really sick of ruining $300 shoes on dog crap in the streets. it is also unsanitary. we don't let people crap in the streets so why do we let dogs?
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:13 PM   #52
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
For companionship - dog

For leaving alone over the weekend - cat

For a great stir fry....
When did you get that cool pug avatar, Donnageddon?

Pugs RULE!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-13-2009 at 12:17 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #53
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
My new baby is a canary. He already knows his name and cheeps at me whenever I'm in his eyesight. He's 6 months old and a rebellious teenager... he's got a honey addiction on his back and likes to fight with that handsome devil in the mirror.

His favorite treats are alfalfa sprouts, orange slices, apple slices and HONEY HONEY HONEY!

He's to honey like VR is to bacon!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:21 PM   #54
The Big Kahuna
The Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbot View Post
cleaning after cats and dogs is disgusting. in NYC I'm really sick of ruining $300 shoes on dog crap in the streets. it is also unsanitary. we don't let people crap in the streets so why do we let dogs?
1. Don't waste $ 300 on shoes

2. Look where you're walking

3. How exactly does stepping in dog shit "ruin" a pair of shoes ? For $ 300 I'd want a pair of shoes that could cope with a bit of shit

4. I totally agree with you. Dog owners who don't pick up after their dogs need shooting. Twice. Just to make sure they're dead.

5. I just remembered where I was when John Lennon was shot. Chasing Yoko Ono through Central Park, trying to reload.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #55
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
My new baby is a canary ...
I birds, and can't wait until that joyous day when the cat dies so we can get one.

The only question is how Norton (the pug) will react. We formerly had a pit bull who would chase the birds out of the back yard every time we let him out of the house. This surprised us, as he never showed aggression toward any other animal. I always feared that if he ever caught one of those birds, he would kill it. Then one day shortly after letting him out to take care of business, I heard a constant barking. Since that was so unlike Cain-dog, I went out back to see what was the matter. It seems a baby bird had fallen out of its nest, and Cain-dog was standing about a foot away barking at it. He didn't harm a feather on its head, but simply sat there barking at it. Poor bird was scared to death. I picked it up and put it back in the tree, and all was well. From that day until the day he died, I no longer worried about him harming birds.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #56
AbbyNormal
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
just the fuzzy black thing with 4 legs and a tail!

awesome piccies! I didn't know that pyrs had color! anyway, welcome to the big dog club!

the black is mine, the bronze is her suitor from the puppy park

Your dog is a Newfie? I LOVE LOVE LOVE big fluffy dogs!!
Old 12-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #57
AbbyNormal
Geek

Quote:
1. Don't waste $ 300 on shoes

2. Look where you're walking

3. How exactly does stepping in dog shit "ruin" a pair of shoes ? For $ 300 I'd want a pair of shoes that could cope with a bit of shit

4. I totally agree with you. Dog owners who don't pick up after their dogs need shooting. Twice. Just to make sure they're dead.

5. I just remembered where I was when John Lennon was shot. Chasing Yoko Ono through Central Park, trying to reload.
I don't take my dogs out without
Old 12-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #58
The Big Kahuna

I never leave the house without at least 4 poop baggies. And if I'm taking the dogs, I carry even more.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #59
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Man's best friend! My pug actually likes me, cats are just so 'indifferent' to humans.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #60
Supergirl
Supergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watch

I've always been a dog person, but now I have 5-months old Jerry, a Turkish Angora cat, and isn't he gorgeous?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jerry.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	41194   Click image for larger version

Name:	jerry2.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	41195   Click image for larger version

Name:	jerry3.jpg
Views:	210