Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Cats vs Dogs: Which wins?
Cats 41 41.41%
Dogs 44 44.44%
The blue one next to the fish 14 14.14%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2009, 07:59 AM   #16
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
they don't pee or poop. everything is discharged through their skin and sweat. apparently you can smell them from quite far away. needless to say they have no natural predators
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #17
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
they don't pee or poop. everything is discharged through their skin and sweat. apparently you can smell them from quite far away. needless to say they have no natural predators
Hmm, according to Wikipedia they pee and poop once a week, and always in the same place, and is about the only time they leave the trees.

(I had to read up on Sloth's when you said that)

WikiPedia/Sloths
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #18
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I like cats and dogs.

But dogs edge it for me because they are less of a nuisance.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:09 AM   #19
Stella
I'm the last letter
Stella doesn't litterStella doesn't litter

Device: none (yet)
Where's the option 'the red letter on a yellow star'? Well, I just vote for the blue one next to the fish then...
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:50 AM   #20
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
my pup will give me a quick little cuddle and then say "later mom, you're just too hot".
<Dave looks at KKs avatar .... re-reads her post ...... looks at avatar ... agrees with pup>

I'm a dog person myself but have had both for as long as I can remember. In fact, growing up (yep I've done a bit of that), my mom worked at a local shelter/veterinary clinic so there was a regular circus of animals through our house. I've tried to carry on the tradition myself, I made a rhyme out of it:

two cats and a dog
three fish and frog
and a lizard

And now my son wants a turtle, not sure how that will fit into the rhyme....
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #21
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
wow! no! none of my Newfies, and I have had 8 now...
I am so jealous, the next dog we get will be a neuf. I grew up with three of them and some of the best memories I've got are of swimming with them, getting pulled on a sled in the winter by them, getting drooled on all over by them... ahhh - the memories!

I finally convinced my wife and she said we can get one, it will probably be a year or so though, and then there is the fact that they are so much money now. If not for the fact that I'd really like a puppy I'd look more into a rescue. Do you breed them or just have them as pets?
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #22
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
seriously?
Aye, seriously: a mate of mine studied the venom. Interesting stuff..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #23
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I am so jealous, the next dog we get will be a neuf. I grew up with three of them and some of the best memories I've got are of swimming with them, getting pulled on a sled in the winter by them, getting drooled on all over by them... ahhh - the memories!

I finally convinced my wife and she said we can get one, it will probably be a year or so though, and then there is the fact that they are so much money now. If not for the fact that I'd really like a puppy I'd look more into a rescue. Do you breed them or just have them as pets?
Next goggie for us will most likely be a newfie. On the condition that it is a brown one
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #24
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, laptop, desktop, phone (HTC, HTC, Asus, Asus, LG rah!)
Dogs, cats, undead...

Quote:
wow! no! none of my Newfies, and I have had 8 now, have been big time bed snugglers. there is evidence that they nap on the beds occasionally, but not co-habitate. I grew up with Schipperkes and Siberians all of whom were total bed hogs, and had an Irish Wolfhound once (boniest elbows in the world!) that made me consider just giving up and moving to the floor
I think I see the problem... you keep on trying to develop relationships with dogs the size of small buildings, complete with furnaces and heavy insulation. Shave one of those puppies, and see if they don't want to spend their time glued to your side trying to keep from shivering.

Aside: Puppy shaving was big in the orient, but due mainly to the absence of optical quality eye-wear. Furry: cat; fuzzy: dog. Big fuzzy: large dog. Big furry: probably a cat, unless muther-in-law was visiting. HUGE fuzzy: Elepahant. HUGE furry: You're cuddled up to a tyger, and you might not be around to tell about it in the mo0rning. Solly Chalie.

Other aside: If it was cool and scaly, it was either a husband or a lawyer. Oh pish-posh... lawyers jokes are too easy. Cool & scaly: It was either a husband, or you were in the true story that Godzirra was based upon. And would soon look like the middle element of S'mores.

Although, Coole & Scaly would be a good name for a law firm...
mvisconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #25
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Your kidding right?

This is what I have to contend with... Every night!
Nice bed! And you think a small cat take less space? Think again... If we forget to close the bedroom door in the weekend, both cats will be loath to leave the bed. One on one side of the bed, the other on the other side. And no more room for either of us humans...

Quote:
I'm a dog person myself but have had both for as long as I can remember.
I grew up with dogs. We had Miniature Pinschers, and then an English Cocker Spaniel. (Actually, we have had 2, but one died after 2 weeks, as a puppie, due to a certain parasite that is transmitted by ticks...) We never had cats (that I can remember).

When I left home, I took the Spaniel with me, she was my dog. (according to my mother she hardly left the doormat when I was in the US for a year...). But when she died (due to that same parasite as the first cocker had died from), I was heart broken and didn't want another pet for some time. (I still miss my dog and a lump will get into my throat when I think of her and it's been over 12 years...).

My mother had gotten two cats at some point. Brother and sister. The sister didn't really want to become house broken and that's not good when you live in an apartment, so she went to some people who had an outside place. The brother was almost raised like a dog... He listened to his name and the only thing he didn't do was bark... But my mother was staying away from home more and more. And that cat didn't like to be alone, so I fell for my mother's tricks when she asked if I would take him... I never had a cat, we never had a cat when I still lived at home, so that's my only excuse...

Right now, I adore my two cats (the cat from my mother died last year), and I couldn't live without them anymore, but I also love dogs. They are so different from each other that I think that only if you have both, you'll have the full range of pet love...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #26
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Hmm, according to Wikipedia they pee and poop once a week, and always in the same place, and is about the only time they leave the trees.

(I had to read up on Sloth's when you said that)

WikiPedia/Sloths
I stand corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella View Post
Where's the option 'the red letter on a yellow star'? Well, I just vote for the blue one next to the fish then...
do we have another software glitch?
Quote:

NEWF! not neuf! I used to breed, now I only have one. first time in a long time I have had an "only dog". I dunno... there has been a bronze Newf at the puppy park that has been courting her... there may be a spring wedding...
Quote:
Next goggie for us will most likely be a newfie. On the condition that it is a brown one
brown is bronze, and ironically enough see above!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvisconte View Post
I think I see the problem... you keep on trying to develop relationships with dogs the size of small buildings, complete with furnaces and heavy insulation. Shave one of those puppies, and see if they don't want to spend their time glued to your side trying to keep from shivering.
I like the big doggies. real doggies. doggies that have form and function aside from being clothing accessories. I like DOGGLY DOGS!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #27
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
...I like the big doggies. real doggies. doggies that have form and function aside from being clothing accessories. I like DOGGLY DOGS!!!
Me too, but my wife wanted this little fellow, and I've got to admit; he is a gas to have around.

Pugs are nuts. They're the comedians of the dog world. Trouble is, they don't know when to quit. I'm afraid that if he doesn't quit joking on the cat, he's going to end up being another one of those seemingly ubiquitous one-eyed pugs.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #28
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Me too, but my wife wanted this little fellow, and I've got to admit; he is a gas to have around.

Pugs are nuts. They're the comedians of the dog world. Trouble is, they don't know when to quit. I'm afraid that if he doesn't quit joking on the cat, he's going to end up being another one of those seemingly ubiquitous one-eyed pugs.
heavy emphasis on gas! there are a couple of pugs that come to the puppy park. watching them spaz around is quite entertaining!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #29
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
heavy emphasis on gas! ...
And, oh yeah, gas is not their best feature. If pugs could talk, their first joke would be, "Pull my paw!" Norton! NOT FUNNY!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-10-2009 at 05:56 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #30
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

ohhhh! I know! I've been in the backblast zone a few times!