Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Best Reading Attire? My vote: Snuggie

One of the definitions of the controversial word "liseuse" is "a jacket worn by women for reading in bed". This accurately describes my Snuggie.

I am asserting that the Snuggie is the best reading garment ever invented. What do you think?
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Naw... swimwear.

This achieves its best effect when reading on the beach, of course.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Best reading attire = A smoking jacket and a fez!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Oh, no. The "misuse" vs. "ebook reader" wasn't bad enough-- now we enter the bloody fray over "snuggie" vs. "slanket."

Either way, have a some videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2TKlt34of8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05ZQ7WHw8Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWHlvtWhum0
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

While the Slanket is the Rolls Royce of wearable blankets, it's too expensive and too long for me. Here's a good comparison.

Also, the Slanket is not good for pub crawls. There is no such thing as a Slanket pub crawl, and the Slanket people are bitter. Read about it here.
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Best reading attire = A smoking jacket and a fez!

DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
Superlucky
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
While the Slanket is the Rolls Royce of wearable blankets...
I take that back. The Blankoat is the Rolls Royce of wearable blankets. It's made from the wool of Icelandic sheep and it costs more than a Kindle.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Where does this discussion leave those of us who read nekkid in bed?.... :-D
Old 10-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #9
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Where does this discussion leave those of us who read nekkid in bed?.... :-D
Why, it leaves you nekkid in bed! Any more questions?

Xenophon

Last edited by Xenophon; 10-02-2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: speelung Ficks
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!

It's always nice when one's conflumoxxing can be corrected in a succinct and direct manner. Thanks, Xenophone!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I prefer my jackets to not be on fire. I also wear a football helmit while reading. Especially when Ann Coulter is involved...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #12
Superlucky
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I prefer my jackets to not be on fire. I also wear a football helmit while reading. Especially when Ann Coulter is involved...
I would love to know how Ann Coulter is involved when you read and why her involvement necessitates skull protection.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Naw... swimwear.

This achieves its best effect when reading on the beach, of course.
I've found that if I want to read on the beach, it's best if I don't wear swimwear.

There's two reasons for this.

Firstly is that exposing vast amounts of white flesh to the sun tends to blind passers-by and they walk into things (and occasionally each other), making a lot of noise which is not conducive to pleasant reading.

The second is that I keep being interrupted by well-meaning folk who try to drag me into the water (see comment above on the vast amounts of white flesh...)

ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:02 AM   #14
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Nude or near-nude is how I do all my activities, baby!

Yours nuded-up,
Adrian (though they apparently don't like it down at the mall)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:51 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
What is a snuggie?

I don't care what I'm wearing, as long as I can read while wearing it.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote