Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-15-2014, 02:00 PM   #256
LiseRayes
Enthusiast
LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: B&N Nook, Asus MemoPad,
Hi all
I have been a lurker here for a long time and can thank all of you for a HUGE TBR list and I've enjoyed all the various discussions immensely.
I never posted here before since any deals I found was because of this thread but I am happy finally to contribute something I searched and couldnot find it posted anywhere.
Linda Howard's Cry No More is 1.99 at amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Cry-No-More-Ho.../dp/B000FBJEKG
the book is more like romantic suspense but Linda Howard is an autobuy for me ever since I read her Son of the Morning.
LiseRayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #257
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiseRayes View Post
Hi all
I have been a lurker here for a long time and can thank all of you for a HUGE TBR list and I've enjoyed all the various discussions immensely.
I never posted here before since any deals I found was because of this thread but I am happy finally to contribute something I searched and couldnot find it posted anywhere.
the book is more like romantic suspense but Linda Howard is an autobuy for me ever since I read her Son of the Morning.
Thanks so much, karma sent. Join in more often.

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #258
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Hi all
Welcome! Nice to see 'lurkers' who finally come to say hello. And you'll have a book buddy in Loosheesh because IIRC Linda Howard is one of her favorites too. Don't be a stranger.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #259
LiseRayes
Enthusiast
LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!LiseRayes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: B&N Nook, Asus MemoPad,
Thx for the warm welcome!!
I will try to contribute more often from now on.
LiseRayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #260
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
The prequel novella by Deanna Raybourn, Whisper of Jasmine, is a free pre-order at Amazon
Quote:
digital novella prequel to City of Jasmine

New York Times bestselling author Deanna Raybourn transports readers to a magical New Year’s Eve party in 1914, where two guests will discover the passion of a lifetime in this prequel novella...

Notorious socialite Delilah Drummond won’t be deterred by the war. Instead, she decides to throw the event of the year, and she’s handing out invitations with an eye for wanton fun and wild abandon.

There is the dashing explorer and archaeologist Gabriel Stark, a man at a crossroads in his life. Brilliant and restless, he’s just committed to a secret enterprise that forces him to play a public role very different from the man he truly is.

And then there is the charming if flighty Evangeline Merriweather. Evie has dreamed her whole life of adventure. Little does she know, she’s about to get more than she bargained for. Especially after her vivacious Aunt Dove acts as fairy godmother, if a saucy one, providing a scandalous gown and a whisper of jasmine on her skin....

Evie will shake cool Gabriel to his core, but just how far are they willing to take love at first sight?

One seductive night will change Evie forever. Watch for her next adventure, in the City of Jasmine.
ETA: Looks like it will be free directly from Harlequin, too.

Last edited by library addict; 01-15-2014 at 03:12 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #261
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
A Distant Melody (Wings of Glory Book #1) by Sarah Sundin
WWII Historical Inspirational Romance

It's snowing here but too warm to stick however my allergies are going crazy! Hubby has a cold I hope this is allergies and not a cold. I just want to go back to bed!

Oh and I bought a book that costs $8 and I am 30% into it. Brian was right I can't read out of order. This series may break me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #262
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Welcome! Nice to see 'lurkers' who finally come to say hello. And you'll have a book buddy in Loosheesh because IIRC Linda Howard is one of her favorites too. Don't be a stranger.
I heard my name!

Quote:
Thx for the warm welcome!!
I will try to contribute more often from now on.
Welcome! Linda Howard is definitely one of my very favorite authors. I love just about everything of hers though I feel the quality of her more recent work (the ones I've read, anyway) has declined. But I'll take her any day over many of the newer authors, and she writes some of the best alpha males.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:06 PM   #263
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
My new kindle is here!!! I'm quivering with excitement... well, maybe not quivering but I am very excited! It will be a slow transition, though. I decided to start with a fresh conversion for each book before I load up the KF. I have almost 3000 books to re-convert. Oh my... I know I can do it in bulk, but I also wanted to take the time to clean up formatting - I'm thinking that's 2 projects, though. Ah well, maybe it'll keep me too busy to buy -
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #264
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Congrats! Even though you don't want to bulk convert, you can use the send to device to bulk send. I love my KF, and am sure you will, too.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #265
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

*waves to Loosheesh*

Congrats Laurla on your new toy! Good luck with your conversion process, sounds like a lot of work but I'm sure gratifying in the end.

Now, this is supposed to be free, but I know it's geo-restricted so be careful when you click! Rebel by Skye Jordan
Old 01-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #266
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Now, this is supposed to be free, but I know it's geo-restricted so be careful when you click! Rebel by Skye Jordan
This was on my wishlist.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #267
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
My new kindle is here!!! I'm quivering with excitement... well, maybe not quivering but I am very excited! It will be a slow transition, though. I decided to start with a fresh conversion for each book before I load up the KF. I have almost 3000 books to re-convert. Oh my... I know I can do it in bulk, but I also wanted to take the time to clean up formatting - I'm thinking that's 2 projects, though. Ah well, maybe it'll keep me too busy to buy -
I would just create a new library in Calibre then just reconvert the books as I plan to read them. I currently have 50 books on my tablet and to me that is plenty. I convert as I plan to read if I was to convert everything at once I wouldn't get to read till 2016!
Old 01-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #268
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This was on my wishlist.
It was on mine too, until I read the 1st book. I only rated it a 2.5-3, too many unnecessary details about everything. But since this was free of course I grabbed it!

BTW, OT, but those who have the KPW, how long does your battery last? I'm getting less than a week out of 1 charge. I only use the light at night for an hour or 2 at most and I just don't think that's normal. My T1 I could go 3-4 weeks on a charge.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #269
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It was on mine too, until I read the 1st book. I only rated it a 2.5-3, too many unnecessary details about everything. But since this was free of course I grabbed it!

BTW, OT, but those who have the KPW, how long does your battery last? I'm getting less than a week out of 1 charge. I only use the light at night for an hour or 2 at most and I just don't think that's normal. My T1 I could go 3-4 weeks on a charge.
If you keep WiFi on that is normal with WiFi off 14-18 Days depending on use.

I like unnecessary details. A writer must paint a picture with her words to make you feel like you are there. Jacquelyn Frank gets this complaint but the truth is painting with your words is a sign of a great writer. This is a lost art these days it seems very few writer possessed or use this skill.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #270
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If you keep WiFi on that is normal with WiFi off 14-18 Days depending on use.
No, wifi is always off, I'll double check again but I've never used it. It just doesn't seem right to get less than a week. That was one of my main reasons of not getting a Fire, I wanted long battery-life for ereading use.