Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
pmonteci
pmonteci began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Book Covers

Hello,

I wanted to know if everyone is experiencing this, when i put some epub books directly in my Kobo the cover looks fine but if i put the same books in a SD card the covers have 2 white strips on the sides, is that a normal way for the kobo to say that those books are in my SD card or is there any way i can get them to show correctly?
pmonteci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmonteci View Post
Hello,

I wanted to know if everyone is experiencing this, when i put some epub books directly in my Kobo the cover looks fine but if i put the same books in a SD card the covers have 2 white strips on the sides, is that a normal way for the kobo to say that those books are in my SD card or is there any way i can get them to show correctly?
No but do notice that sometimes my covers do not come from the kobo books or calibre. so i end up with a blank book like cover with no indication of what the book is. I have resolved this by sort of by exploding it and dumping the cover out of the epub and reconverting it with calibre adding in the cover again just be fore reconverting it. not sure why it does this.. thought it was calibre till the book from the store showed up blank

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
I do have books like that. It is only because the aspect ratio of your cover is different from the kobo. You can try to find some other covers with calibre.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
These are books directly downloaded from Kobo which should not have an aspect issue such as you suggest. But I am going to look at the cover of the book
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
pmonteci
pmonteci began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
no these are books (epub) format that i had already
pmonteci is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert