Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 03:57 AM   #76
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by starworld View Post
sorry for my silly question, where should I unzip lpad-pkg-xxx.zip, somewhere means any place in kindle directory?

- unpack the attached lpad-pkg-xxx.zip archive somewhere
- select the Kindle update package for your device model and copy it to your device under user root directory [/mnt/us]
- apply the standard Amazon Kindle update procedure
No, just extract the ZIP file anywhere. I just extracted mine to the same directory where I downloaded the zip file. You only need to copy the appropriate .bin file onto your Kindle Root Directory. The root directory is where the Audible, Documents, Music, and other folders are on your Kindle.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #77
starworld
starworld began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
No, just extract the ZIP file anywhere. I just extracted mine to the same directory where I downloaded the zip file. You only need to copy the appropriate .bin file onto your Kindle Root Directory. The root directory is where the Audible, Documents, Music, and other folders are on your Kindle.
you mean only appropriate .bin file is needed on kindle(for mine I use xxx_k3gb_install.bin). unzipped files keep on PC only, but where should I use these unzipped ones?
Thanks
starworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #78
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
you mean only appropriate .bin file is needed on kindle(for mine I use xxx_k3gb_install.bin). unzipped files keep on PC only, but where should I use these unzipped ones?
Thanks
Indeed, only put the appropriate .bin file (xxx_k3gb_install.bin for your Kindle). You can delete the unzipped files; you won't need them again (except if you decide to uninstall)
Old 02-14-2011, 04:38 AM   #79
bugmen0t
Banned
bugmen0t began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+WiFi
Thank you~ It works perfectly! But I have a little concern:
When running, does the program always do the scanning loop? If so, will it occupy too much cpu time?

Last edited by bugmen0t; 02-14-2011 at 04:48 AM.
bugmen0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #80
starworld
starworld began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
thanks for your great help and I have successfully installed on my kindel 3g, but
lauchpad didn't work any command simply shows as texts in a search box.

I don't know what is wrong with my configure, I just edit only these lines
D = #';' "debugOn"
N = #"`usbNetwork"
X = "just a string"
starworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 AM   #81
kranu
I <3 my Kindle

Quote:
thanks for your great help and I have successfully installed on my kindel 3g, but
lauchpad didn't work any command simply shows as texts in a search box.

I don't know what is wrong with my configure, I just edit only these lines
D = #';' "debugOn"
N = #"`usbNetwork"
X = "just a string"
Those 3 lines are supposed to show up as strings

Terminal commands are preceded with a bang (!) instead of a hash (#)
Old 02-18-2011, 01:17 AM   #82
kranu
I <3 my Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmen0t View Post
Thank you~ It works perfectly! But I have a little concern:
When running, does the program always do the scanning loop? If so, will it occupy too much cpu time?
I'm not too sure about the technical details (read the source code maybe), but it has very low CPU usage when I look at top.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:57 AM   #83
sonfly
sonfly began at the beginning.

Device: K3W
kranu, could you please tell me how to show CPU usage on the top bar? Mine is k3w, and there is only wifi&battery state. Thanks!
sonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #84
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonfly View Post
how to show CPU usage on the top bar?
top here is a standard linux command. It requires terminal access to be used on Kindle.

And, yes, launchpad has very low CPU usage.
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #85
t3ls3th
t3ls3th began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Did I miss something? I jailbroke my 3.1 kindle 3 and installed the screen saver and font hack, they all work great. After installing launchpad (which looks like it did just fine, created the folder etc., restarted) it doesn't read any of my shortcut keys. shift-shift-shift does nothing, same with all of the other ones, shift shift S just shows the search box with an S in it.

Do I need to start it up manually somehow?
t3ls3th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #86
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
If you want to be able to switch portrait/landscape display mode with simple launchpad command, just unzip and copy this file to your launchpad folder.
R command (= Shift,R sequence) then serves as a switcher.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rotate.ini.zip (314 Bytes, 1900 views)
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #87
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
If you want to be able to switch portrait/landscape display mode with simple launchpad command, just unzip and copy this file to your launchpad folder.
Cool.
otichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:40 AM   #88
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ls3th View Post
Did I miss something? I jailbroke my 3.1 kindle 3 and installed the screen saver and font hack, they all work great. After installing launchpad (which looks like it did just fine, created the folder etc., restarted) it doesn't read any of my shortcut keys. shift-shift-shift does nothing, same with all of the other ones, shift shift S just shows the search box with an S in it.

Do I need to start it up manually somehow?
Hello t3ls3th, Have you transferred the relevant bin file to the root of the kindle and then launched 'Update Your Kindle' from the kindle itself? That's the only logical reason I can think of for your present predicament.
Cheers
Paul
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #89
Jeton
Enthusiast
Jeton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
This is a neat little shortcut.
It adds an "Auto" option when pressing the "Aa" key. You need to select that in order for the shortcut to work.

But this really solves a major problem for me, having to press many key comibations to rotate the screen.
Jeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #90
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Okay, maybe someone can help me.

I have k3.

I have firmware 3.1

And I have installed the new 3.1 jailbreak. The Screensaver hack works under these conditions.

I just installed launchpad. It is installed - well, at least, I see its folder structure on my k3.

Now what?

What is the trigger key or lead-in key? Is it SHIFT or Shift shift or ....

When I try various combinations of those, I just get the SearchBox with the letter I entered.

So I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote