Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
Blue Ion
Blue Ion began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hanlin v5 LBook firmware fully in english?

I recently bought an Astak Pocket Pro and so far I'm quite happy with it. Only the firmware is somewhat limited in some regards, like zooming, some annoyances with txt files, etc...

Since I love to tinker I've tried the firmwares from Astak, Bebook, Papyre and LBook and so far the LBook one is fairly better than the rest.

It seems to use the latest stock firmware from Jinke and has many little tweaks that are pleasing like the redesigned menus including more information better placed instead of the stock one.

However, the most impressive part is the txt module, that includes a word searcher, probably an editor, 10 levels of zoom, guide and several other features that I wont't understand because it in Russian.
In the options there is a Russian_enUS, but it doesn't do anything changing it to either English or Spanish so it is either some kind of corrector, or predictive text thingy, or it is the actual language that doesn't seem to work.

Blindly navigating I found and about page that says it uses CoolReader 3.0.18.

If there is no way to change it I'll probably go to the Astak firmware (since it is the best after the other two) because I also lose rotation and other stuff (which is probably there but in russian).

Oh well, lets hope OpenInkpot releases a firmware for these deveices.
Thanks for the help.
Blue Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:26 AM   #2
grucha44
grucha44 doesn't littergrucha44 doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Hi
Go to this page

http://mipapyreebookreader.blogspot....descargas.html

Look under firmware - 09
It says "Firmware V5 20091211 CR3 BUGGINS"

It is lbook firmware with cool reader but interface is in english

Good luck
grucha44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
kspn
kspn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo,Android
Looks good so far, although the interface for FB2 is a little different (goto Chapter part is now the Page selection rather then select a chapter point)

Thanks for that, now to see how it goes overall

2 things
1) Hyphenation disable capability YAY!
2) Can show clock, yay, I can't find where to set the clock though

Last edited by kspn; 02-02-2010 at 10:26 PM.
kspn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by kspn View Post
Looks good so far, although the interface for FB2 is a little different (goto Chapter part is now the Page selection rather then select a chapter point)

Thanks for that, now to see how it goes overall

2 things
1) Hyphenation disable capability YAY!
2) Can show clock, yay, I can't find where to set the clock though
So this LBook firmware is all in English? I tried an earlier firmware but font size prompts were written in Russian (I think it was Russian, not English anyway). FB2 works flawlessly?

The clock you should be able to set under Settings.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
kspn

All the sections I have gone into are in English.

I looked under settings and the clock isn't there.

I did see it in another firmware but not this one.

I have
1. Key Sound...
2. Language
3. Replace Font
4. About

In the other one where it existed it was under 5. Time/date

The one issue I have (and it is not major) is that rather than a 'jump to chapter' section it shows the Page number for the Chapters. Not a major issue though, just different.
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #6
kspn

So far the 'Core' LBook firmware is the best (it has the MetaTag info that I want) the only issue I have is that all the menus in the FB2 reader are in Russian, but I shouldn't have to use them all the often so it should be cool, and I will update once they release an updated version.

Or the version with the translated menus is cleaned up some, it has kind of Half and Half as far as the options go.