Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
siskiou
siskiou began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just joined!

Hi everyone!

This forum was rec'ced to me during a discussion about e-readers elsewhere.

I don't have an e-reader yet, but really want one, having heard many good things about them.
Most of my current reading is done on a laptop, but I'd love to have something a little lighter and easier to carry reading materials with me.

The main thing holding me back is cash, and the only thing I might be able to afford is maybe a used Kindle 1.

I've also considered a PDA, having read up a bit on the Palm TX, since it would be great to be able to access the internet during trips.

I'm looking forward to reading through the threads here, and getting advice/opinions on what might be the best deal for my budget.
siskiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hi siskiou, welcome to MobilRead. You'll find a lot of nice folks here ready and willing to answer your questions about readers and e-books. Feel free to just jump in anytime.

Personally, I use a Sony 505 and love everything about it, but there are many very good readers available today.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Hi siskiou - nice to see you here
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi siskiou and welcome to MobileRead. If cost is a factor, you might try putting your name on the 'Window Display' list at a Sony Style. At Christmas, for example, Sony will put several eReaders on window display then, after the holidays, will offer them at a generous discount to people who've signed up. Back in Jan 08, I got my Sony 505 for 40% off that way.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
siskiou
siskiou began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

And I'll definitely sign up at Sony Style, to see if I can snap up something at a discount at some point!
siskiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello siskiou, and Click image for larger version

Name:	neon welcome.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	38132 to Mobileread.

Good luck in your device hunt. Please do let us know which device you choose and how you like it.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote