Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you read in the bathroom? (Poll is not public, so voters' can keep their privacy)
Yes I do and I think it's normal 116 85.29%
Yes I do but I find it weird 3 2.21%
No I don't but I think it's normal 7 5.15%
No I don't and I find it weird 10 7.35%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2009, 01:26 AM   #31
Labib Rahman
Enthusiast
Labib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PSP and an age old Dell Inspiron 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth1304 View Post
Both I and my mum can remember as children reading the labels on all the cleaning products in the bathroom when we weren't allowed to take books with us.
Oh yes, definitely. The first thing I ever read in the bathroom was the label on a Lysol bottle. Once that was done, I moved on to Tilex. In a week, I had finished everything around the toilet, so I grabbed things like shampoo from the tub on my way in. Looks I'm in similar company.
Labib Rahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:47 AM   #32
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'll read when I'm in the bathtub (yes, electronically) and I'll read on the toilet (which, by the way has its own room, we just call it the WC...) but mostly donald ducks and any other comic might be laying there...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 01:51 AM   #33
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Yes, yes, yes!! this is totally me!! if I'm reading a really good book, it takes me a while to get ready for work, but my teeth are super clean.... so, in other words, whilst I brush and comb and wash and sit, I READ!
That's exactly what I do! Once I was so busy reading, and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, I put on two different shoes and I was halfway through the work day before I noticed.

I have also been tempted to continue reading whilst walking down the street to the car.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:15 AM   #34
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Everyone I know reads in the bathroom. It is much more entertaining than staring at the wall Kind of related to this poll--how many people read cereal boxes, soup can labels, etc. when they are at hand and nothing else readable is? Reading is an addiction and we're all hooked.
It has to be a yes.

And a major concern about how many foodstuffs have stabalisers in them!!!! Are these things unstable without them? What happens if they don't put enough in? Will they explode?
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:23 AM   #35
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
Read anything and everywhere even if I don't understand it.
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 03:41 AM   #36
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
That's exactly what I do! Once I was so busy reading, and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, I put on two different shoes and I was halfway through the work day before I noticed.

I have also been tempted to continue reading whilst walking down the street to the car.
When I go walking at the park on a path, I read on my crackberry! It's really convenient, but I wouldn't recommend it on the street! I cook while reading too. Makes for some interesting dishes and book stains...

(Oh, and I have left the house like that too; honestly not sure I can blame that on the reading...
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:13 AM   #37
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
My parents' favorite book was "Cheaper by the Dozen." (If you haven't already read it, you MUST!!! One of the funniest true stories ever written!) As a result, they, as the patriarch in the book did, put bookshelves next to the toilet in the kid's bathroom in our house and stocked it with the Britanica Encyclopedia of the late 40's-early 50's. By the time I was 12 I had read A-Z twice. Not only did it give me a wonderfully diverse education, it instilled in me a great love of reading. We called that room 'the library.' (Great lighting!) There have always been stacks of books in my bathrooms ever since!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #38
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I've always read everything to hand. picking up things while shopping, in offices and so on. once I was jailed (by mistake) for 4 hours. it was utter agony not having a SINGLE THING to read!!!!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #39
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
I've always read everything to hand. picking up things while shopping, in offices and so on. once I was jailed (by mistake) for 4 hours. it was utter agony not having a SINGLE THING to read!!!!
In the UK I think they still have to give you a copy of PACE (Police and Criminal Evidence) a weighty volume that details your rights and stuff.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #40
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
in the cell?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #41
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
in the cell?
That always was the case - not that I have ever been lucky enough to experience that volume as reading material

And if you are really bored (.........)
Old 06-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #42
JuniperPearl
Enthusiast
JuniperPearl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire, iPhone 5, Kindle Voyage
I read in the bathroom all the time - toilet, tub, brushing my teeth, and I bet if I could find a safe way to read while taking a shower, I would do that too. I also will read ingredients and labels if there is nothing else to read.
JuniperPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #43
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Yes. I read in the bathroom. Mostly catalogs and magazines. (Our family alway had a catalog in the WC, even though we had indoor plumbing.)
I also read cereal box labels when eating breakfast.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #44
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Everyone I know reads in the bathroom. It is much more entertaining than staring at the wall Kind of related to this poll--how many people read cereal boxes, soup can labels, etc. when they are at hand and nothing else readable is? Reading is an addiction and we're all hooked.
Yup - do that!

Occasionally in interviews someone will pick on the fact that I list reading as a hobby, and ask me what I read. After going through a few genres I usually end up with saying something along the lines of "and anything that happens to be to hand, even the back of baked beans can"
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #45
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
My parents' favorite book was "Cheaper by the Dozen." (If you haven't already read it, you MUST!!! One of the funniest true stories ever written!) As a result, they, as the patriarch in the book did, put bookshelves next to the toilet in the kid's bathroom in our house and stocked it with the Britanica Encyclopedia of the late 40's-early 50's. By the time I was 12 I had read A-Z twice. Not only did it give me a wonderfully diverse education, it instilled in me a great love of reading. We called that room 'the library.' (Great lighting!) There have always been stacks of books in my bathrooms ever since!

Stitchawl
you know... I love the idea... but i can't help and obsess over the microbes...

eeek!
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
location, poll, reading, weirdness