Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-19-2017, 07:10 PM   #1
sunflowerstarr
sunflowerstarr began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Reliable Way to Email to Kindle Address?

I used to have it configured perfectly to email to my kindle email addresses. I updated to the most recent version (2.79.1) because it was having issues and confirmed my email was correct and configured in Amazon to allow email from my gmail address. It had been a while and I found out there have been some issues so I signed up for the gmx account like it recommended but even when sending a test email it tells me the authentication failed. I have it configured correctly and the login information is correct. If I go through the gmx account directly and email the file directly from there to my kindle account it goes through fine, I just can't use Calibre. I tried researching but other threads here and other places seem to indicate an intermittent issue in general with this being a problem. Is there a good way to send files now without sideloading? I have multiple devices (a kindle keyboard, a Tab 3, an iPhone and an iPad) that I use. I obviously don't use them all at once but I find it easier to send the file to them all and have it available rather than have to come back to my computer and send it each time I want to use it. It's especially restrictive or difficult to work out accessing it on a different device if I am on the go. I just want to be able to use Calibre to manage and send to all the devices easily like I used to. Any help figuring that out would be appreciated as I truly love the program. Thanks!
sunflowerstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2017, 09:31 PM   #3
sunflowerstarr
sunflowerstarr began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Thank you! Every other post I have read about it conveniently left that part out. I can go back to updating and sending out my files again. Thanks again!
sunflowerstarr is offline   Reply With Quote