Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-17-2016, 05:44 AM   #1
KatGamer
KatGamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
No appropriate source format?

When trying to send my Calibre books to my Kindle PW, it's telling me there's no compatible source file, and to convert all my books. However, they're all already in .mobi and they've been on my Kindle before. I tried re-converting them but that didn't fix the issue. I tried pulling my books from backups and I'm still having the same problem. Is there a plugin, or perhaps another program, that can scan my .mobi files and tell me if they're corrupt? And maybe even fix them?

The only change I've made is I jailbroke my Kindle and added the Collections Manager following the directions in this forum, and then added the companion Kindle collections plugin to Calibre.
KatGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:18 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Order and Ticks in 'Configure the Device' (appears on the Device Icon Menu when the device is Connected) controls the formats and PRIORITY (when more than 1 is present)

Kindle: Offering to convert a Mobi indicates the tick has been removed frm the list.

If both AZW3 and Mobi are ticked, the highest CURRENTLY AVAILABLE would be sent and conversion would NOT be offered.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
KatGamer
KatGamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
AZ3 and Mobi are both ticked... anything else that could be causing this?

Update: Well, I set it to just mobi ticked and suddenly it says all my books are on the device. I'm confused but it's working.

Last edited by KatGamer; 12-17-2016 at 08:25 PM. Reason: update
KatGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:38 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGamer View Post
AZ3 and Mobi are both ticked... anything else that could be causing this?

Update: Well, I set it to just mobi ticked and suddenly it says all my books are on the device. I'm confused but it's working.

That should not have prevented detection of books of any format on device.

Something went bump
Glad it is fixed
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote