Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-21-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
tomek4
tomek4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
Is there a way to increase bottom margin (screen broken)

Hello.

Unfortunately my Kindle (5th gen) has damaged screen - it doesn't show last 3-4 lines.

I'm wondering if is possible to increase somehow bottom margin.
I know that I can increase left and right margins in reader.pref but what about top/bottom?

Maybe there is any other solution to change screen size/boundaries?

I'm open to any solution, including hex editing
tomek4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:25 PM   #2
Yourcat
Groupie
Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.

Device: PW3 5.6.5-usbnet
Rotate it (-)90° and adust the left/right margin.
Yourcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2016, 12:49 PM   #3
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@tomek4: That Kindle is runing v 4.x.x firmware, right? For v5 firmware (Kindle Touch, Paperwhites, Voyage...) the location of hardcoded values is known, but IIRC nobody tried finding what .jar files on fw 4.x have margin values.

You would have to decompile jar files from your Kindle's system/main partition and search through Java bytecode until you find code concerning margins & footer/bottom progress bar.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bottom, margin, screen.broken