Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #241
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
I was sorta hoping I'd get some insights here...
I don't use the built in Kindle app at all on my HDX. I use Moon+ Pro or occasionally Mantano (both sideloaded) in conjunction with Calibre Companion. Don't know that they're "better", the Kindle app works fine, it's just that they can be customized much more (margins, line-spacing, colors, fonts) than the Kindle reader app can.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #242
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I was sorta hoping I'd get some insights here...
I think my post got eaten.

Moon+ Pro is the best you can read with however you will need another Android device to install it on and then backup the app to a apk and install it on the Kindle Fire. It will need to be brought from the Amazon App Store as Google Play edition wont work. There is also Mantano which is very nice but I prefer Moon+ Pro with Calibre Companion. These all are paid apps.

Amazon blocks all ereader apps on the Kindle Fire but the Overdrive library one. So you will need to sideload them.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2014, 03:11 PM   #243
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I don't use the built in Kindle app at all on my HDX. I use Moon+ Pro or occasionally Mantano (both sideloaded) in conjunction with Calibre Companion. Don't know that they're "better", the Kindle app works fine, it's just that they can be customized much more (margins, line-spacing, colors, fonts) than the Kindle reader app can.
Same here. The line spacing on the Kindle app is broken on the new Kindle Fires Even at the lowest setting it's double spaced not so on the Android version but then you have to read with only one font. I use Moon+ Pro as my main eReader app and have Mantano as a backup.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:11 PM   #244
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Jill Shalvis' well rated Wilder series is on sale for $2.99 each (or less with a 50% Kobo code). These were originally published under Kensington's Brava imprint so are likely to be on the spicier side. I can't say for sure since I haven't read any of them yet.

1. Instant Attraction - Kindle (not dropped yet) | Kobo
2. Instant Gratification - Kindle | Kobo
3. Instant Temptation - Kindle | Kobo

I'm also happy to report that my book buying draught has ended. I feel soooo much better now.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #245
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Jill Shalvis' well rated Wilder series is on sale for $2.99 each (or less with a 50% Kobo code). These were originally published under Kensington's Brava imprint so are likely to be on the spicier side. I can't say for sure since I haven't read any of them yet.

1. Instant Attraction - Kindle (not dropped yet) | Kobo
2. Instant Gratification - Kindle | Kobo
3. Instant Temptation - Kindle | Kobo

I'm also happy to report that my book buying draught has ended. I feel soooo much better now.
I really enjoyed this series (I rated the first 2 as 4 stars and the 3rd as 3 stars). I didn't think they were any spicier than her Lucky Harbor or Animal Magnetism series, but it's been a while since I read them.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2014, 07:37 PM   #246
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebie! This one has not even been previously discounted so most of us that have been collecting these probably don't have it yet. I didn't.

The Way You Look Tonight (Sullivans #9) by Bella Andre

Quote:
In THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT, as a very successful private investigator who has caught most of the cheaters in Seattle with their pants down, Rafe Sullivan believes true, lasting love only happens once in a blue moon. Needing to get away from the city to clear his head, he finds the lake house where he spent the best summers of his life is now a wreck...but the sweet girl next door is all grown up and prettier than anything he's ever seen.

While Brooke Jansen is happy making and selling chocolate truffles in her small Pacific Northwest lake town, she secretly longs to experience something wild. So when her favorite "Wild Sullivan" moves in again next door after more than a decade away, and sparks fly between them, she can't stop wondering if being bad is really as good as it always seemed...and just how long it will be before she can find out.

But when their summer fling quickly spirals into deeper emotions than either of them were expecting, can they survive the heat between them? Or will Rafe make the biggest mistake of his life and end up losing the best thing that's ever happened to him?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #247
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Kindle Freebie! This one has not even been previously discounted so most of us that have been collecting these probably don't have it yet. I didn't.

The Way You Look Tonight (Sullivans #9) by Bella Andre
One of the first romance authors I ever read, and one of my favorites.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #248
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Though the books share some scenes (written from different characters POV) and the story takes place at the same time, the books were different. I hated the first story (the hero was such a jerk), but Mr. Cavendish, I Presume is my favorote post-Bridgertons JQ novel. That said I totally get why you wouldn't want to read them.
Those were my first Julia Quinn books and I loved them enough to go back and read all her backlist!
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:14 AM   #249
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Blu2u (or anyone else),

As our resident rockstar expert... Have you read any of this series? They aren't necessarily on sale but I ran across them and the prices aren't bad (2.99/3.99 US at amazon), so I thought I'd ask

The Beaumont Series - this is the series page on Goodreads
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #250
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
A new freebie from my wishlist
The Officer and the Bostoner by Rose Gordon
http://www.amazon.com/Officer-Boston...d+the+bostoner
hannahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #251
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahi View Post
A new freebie from my wishlist
The Officer and the Bostoner by Rose Gordon
http://www.amazon.com/Officer-Boston...d+the+bostoner
This book is also free at Smashwords.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:51 AM   #252
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Blu2u (or anyone else),

As our resident rockstar expert... Have you read any of this series? They aren't necessarily on sale but I ran across them and the prices aren't bad (2.99/3.99 US at amazon), so I thought I'd ask

The Beaumont Series - this is the series page on Goodreads
Yes, I've read them all. I rated the first a 5, the novella a 3, and books 2 & 3 both a 4. Maturely written, nothing OTT or too unbelievable, small steam factor but really enjoyed the characters.

ETA I think they're couponable at Kobo.

ETA2: Amazon Daily Deal is Connie Mason 'Love Me With Fury' for $.99

Last edited by Blue2u; 01-15-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #253
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Yes, I've read them all. I rated the first a 5, the novella a 3, and books 2 & 3 both a 4. Maturely written, nothing OTT or too unbelievable, small steam factor but really enjoyed the characters.

ETA I think they're couponable at Kobo.
uh oh - and a new contest is starting today
Old 01-15-2014, 11:37 AM   #254
laurla
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I think my post got eaten.

Moon+ Pro is the best you can read with however you will need another Android device to install it on and then backup the app to a apk and install it on the Kindle Fire. It will need to be brought from the Amazon App Store as Google Play edition wont work. There is also Mantano which is very nice but I prefer Moon+ Pro with Calibre Companion. These all are paid apps.

Amazon blocks all ereader apps on the Kindle Fire but the Overdrive library one. So you will need to sideload them.
Thank-you... now i just have to figure out how to sideload without another android device - if that's even possible

Calibre Companion works regardless, right? whether you're using another ereader or the built in kindle reader?
Old 01-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #255
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Calibre Companion works regardless, right? whether you're using another ereader or the built in kindle reader?
Not sure about the built in Kindle reader, but in theory it should. When you select "read" on the book in Calibre Companion it brings up the option to open the book in the various reading apps you have on your device. Unless of course you have set a default reading app, then it open the book in that app. But if you go into settings you can clear your default reading app so it will give you the options.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote