Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Device slow to exit back to Home screen

On my current update (about two months or so ago) on my Kobo Glo to version 2.8.1, when I exit out of a book by touching the Home screen, it now takes approx. 6-7 seconds to actually get back to the Home screen.

This did not use to be the case.

I have about 180 books on the device and never use an SD card.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I wouldn't exactly call this an issue, but I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this with the current software.

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Might be a long shot, but have you synced the unit with Kobo of late? Either via WiFi or Desktop?

I'm curious as to whether it could be delays caused by scanning the database to select what tiles should be displayed on the home page, and some of the tables (especially the events) having grown large?

I might be out in left field on this (and am sure that our resident Kobo Database expert davidfor will chime in with ideas).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Might be a long shot, but have you synced the unit with Kobo of late? Either via WiFi or Desktop?

I'm curious as to whether it could be delays caused by scanning the database to select what tiles should be displayed on the home page, and some of the tables (especially the events) having grown large?

I might be out in left field on this (and am sure that our resident Kobo Database expert davidfor will chime in with ideas).

I don't have the desktop, I always use WiFi. (I did that yesterday, by the way.)

Could you explain a bit more about the tiles, please.

ADDED: I am unable to complete a full sync. Yesterday's sync froze, and the two I tried today could not complete fully. A reset was the only way to get back control of the Reader. Everything else works perfectly fine.

Thanks,
Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-06-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I solved the problem by unregistering the unit and then registering back again, which rebuilds the database.

I had to do this about 6 months ago and that, too, solved the problem, albeit a different one.

What I'm going to try now is to sync the device only to see if this operation is completed successfully.

Don