Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Differences between 2.0.1.668 and 2.3.1

What are the differences that we should look for in this upgrade to 2.3.1?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Most of the changes are listed in the first couple of pages of the 2.3.1 thread. The release notes are in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...80&postcount=2. I added some other things in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=17. The release notes are differences from 2.2.0. My list is includes some things that are in 2.2.0.

About the only other thing I can think of is the removal of the "back" button when reading. This was in the bottom left when you opened a book and took you back to whatever screen you opened the book from. I am finding it a major usability loss, but it seems to have gone unnoticed by everyone else.

I'm not sure what "2.0.1.668" is. I thought the Glos came with 2.1.2 and immediately updated to 2.1.5.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-17-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: pressed the wrong button
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
0x55
userdefined
0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo ClaraHD, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
About the only other thing I can think of is the removal of the "back" button when reading. This was in the bottom left when you opened a book and took you back to whatever screen you opened the book from. I am finding it a major usability loss, but it seems to have gone unnoticed by everyone else.
Nope, I miss it too. Already tapped the "n% read" display several times from habit.

I'm also seeing the bold-replacing-italics issue on Kobo Nickel. And suddenly covers seem to draw in very slowly, one at a time, on both the home screen and shelf views.

(Did a factory reset between 2.1.5 and 2.3.1, update was via wifi.)
0x55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:52 AM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Most of the changes are listed in the first couple of pages of the 2.3.1 thread. The release notes are in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...80&postcount=2. I added some other things in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=17. The release notes are differences from 2.2.0. My list is includes some things that are in 2.2.0.

I'm not sure what "2.0.1.668" is. I thought the Glos came with 2.1.2 and immediately updated to 2.1.5.
You're right they did .... I copy/pasted another thread title incorrectly, and of course now would need the Mod to change it.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I can now change margins and the Mini doesn't seem to crash if too many changes to font etc. are made at once.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #6
Barneyabz
Enthusiast
Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo Glo and Kindle 3
Coming from a Kindle 3, I spent 20 mins looking for a back button. Then discovered this post. How incredibly annoying that they had it and took it away. Please reinstate it if you are listening Kobo.
Barneyabz is offline   Reply With Quote