Notices

Old 09-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #46
kat288
kat288 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Agree & Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGloverJr View Post
The Kindle holder that came with my Kindle folds back upon itself perfectly. I am amazed more people do not realize that.
Most Customers probably know this (I did)! However, we are also looking for covers that look a little nicer (color, elegance, etc.). I really like the cover that looks like a book, but I do agree in way with you as well, that it does need to be able to hold with one hand & fold back so that you are not dealing with the top cover.
kat288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #47
kat288
kat288 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
The cover is gorgeous & now that I have read all of the posts, it is very nice that you did make it to where it can be folded all the way back!

Last edited by kat288; 09-10-2008 at 02:22 PM.
kat288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #48
ChaseKR
Connoisseur
ChaseKR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Touch, iPad 1 3G
Is there anything similar to this that is for sale?
ChaseKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #49
robb01
Connoisseur
robb01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
that is awesome
robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #50
DebraSeattleGrrl
DebraSeattleGrrl doesn't litterDebraSeattleGrrl doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Way to go artsci!

Stunning
DebraSeattleGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #51
artsci
artsci
artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle and Kindle 2
Please see top for link connecting my two threads on this cover for the original Kindle and Kindle 2. I'll be preparing and posting a tutorial soon on how to make this cover for Kindle 2. It's much easier than making the Kindle 1 version, so more people may be able to do it.
artsci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #52
palex481
Connoisseur
palex481 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
Artsci doesn't have the time to do this for me unfortunately, which I totally understand, but if there is anyone handy out there who could make this for my Kindle 1, I would pay materials + labor. I'm not crafty enough myself to do it.

Any takers? PM me and we can discuss the details.
palex481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:18 AM   #53
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Just awesome!
I'm pretty sure we all want one
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #54
artsci
artsci
artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artsci has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle and Kindle 2
Please note the link here and top for the do-it-yourself instructions for making this case for a Kindle 2:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43083
artsci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #55
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
(boggle) Wow. This is beautiful.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #56
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Now that's the style that I prefer.
Nicely done.
Don't know why I didn't notice this thread before.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #57
jennigens
jennigens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Leonardo Kindle Cover

I would like to purchase one of these for my Kindle 2. Can I commission you to make one for me? Let me know the price, and I will pay shipping as well. It is really magnificent and the only way I will really use the new Kindle I got for my birthday.

Thanks!
jennigens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #58
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennigens View Post
I would like to purchase one of these for my Kindle 2. Can I commission you to make one for me? Let me know the price, and I will pay shipping as well. It is really magnificent and the only way I will really use the new Kindle I got for my birthday.

Thanks!
have you checked out Oberon covers? they truly are works of art!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:30 AM   #59
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Gorgeous, Artsci -- and the design might easily be modified to take other devices. You should market these. I'm very happy with a very swish soft leather flip-top cover for my Sony 505 and I'm the first to admit that a good, comfortable cover enhances the e-reading experience no end. And it silences all those cliched complaints about the feel, look and smell of 'real' books. Cheers and good luck. Here's karma to ya. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote