Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #1
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
sony warranty cover cracked screen?

somehow there are two small cracks on my sony reader, now there are horizontal and vertical lines across where the cracks are. Are they covered under sony's warranty?
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
Unless you had purchased an accident policy from Sony, I do not think that you are covered. Flexing of the reader, even though it has a pretty sturdy frame, can cause the screen to break.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Sony...rranty_Options

http://b2b.sony.com/Solutions/lpage....ns#esp_rdb-tab

Last edited by gardenstate; 04-03-2011 at 10:17 AM.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenstate View Post
Unless you had purchased an accident policy from Sony, I do not think that you are covered. Flexing of the reader, even though it has a pretty sturdy frame, can cause the screen to break.
Where can I purchase the accident policy?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
contact Sony via the phone numbers listed on the links shown. not sure if they apply to purchases made by customers outside of the USA...
--------------------------------------------
If you ordered the Reader online without signing up for extra warranty, you may contact Sony by phone if your purchase is within the last 60 days. Various numbers:

Sony Style: 1-877-865-SONY
ESP department: 1-866-766-9259
Sony Sales: 1-877-518-7669 (reported to work [1])

You should have handy your order number, serial number from the device, and a US credit card.
------------------
Extended Service Plan details coming soon. Call (866) 235-SONY or talk to your solution provider for further information.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Obviously, though, accident policies only apply from the date that they are purchased; you can't make a "retrospective" claim for damage that occurred before you bought it .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #6
FinancialWar
Banned

how would sony know?
Old 04-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You've just told us. I was assuming that you are an honest person who would not tell lies.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
FinancialWar
Banned

you guys are not Sony. This is just an internet forum.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

What does that have to do with anything? You are either honest, or you aren't. You decide. If I was wrong in my assumption of your honestly, then I apologise.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #10
FinancialWar
Banned

What kind of books you been reading? The bible?

A person should not be too honest. Just as straight trees are chopped-down first, honest people are taken advantage of first.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #11
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by warakawa View Post
What kind of books you been reading? The bible?

A person should not be too honest. Just as straight trees are chopped-down first, honest people are taken advantage of first.
Well, this is true: Us honest ones pay the bill for the dishonest ones at last, due to higher insurance rates or higher prices for the devices.

The only thing that consoles me about this is, what goes around comes around. People like you will be ripped off one day, very badly! Mind my words when the day comes.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
double post, sorry
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #13
FinancialWar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
what goes around comes around. People like you will be ripped off one day, very badly! Mind my words when the day comes.
All warfare is based on Deception. If I ripped off in the future, it only means I did not prepare myself and/or underestimated my opponent (assuming they will not deceive me) and in that case I will not blame myself for my incompetence and too trusting. Not because Karma or whatever that you believe in.

Seriously this is a forum for book lovers, what do you sound like naive religious nut case?

Anyways this is a forum for technical knowledge exchange, not for moral lessons.

Last edited by FinancialWar; 04-03-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #14
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
There's a reason these things usually have to be bought with the reader, and can't be added afterwards...
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #15
CraftyDan
Zealot
CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PRS-600 and PRS-350
Been wrong before, but it sounds like warakawa has a guilty conscience -- otherwise it would have been dropped about five posts back.

Right or wrong is something I believe in, but -- offensive "naive religious nut case" comments aside -- what I believe is immaterial.

Warakawa,

you're the one who has to live with yourself. If you feel your conscience searing one little bit more, I'd recommend thinking twice -- is $130 worth the little bit of yourself you give up?

If you feel to your gut this is right, then go in peace -- you don't need us to agree with you for you to be justified.
CraftyDan is offline   Reply With Quote