Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
eReader Storage Error

(Please ignore my previous posting as it got sidejacked due to the USB device/cable issues.)

I had previously gotten the eReader Storage Error so I synched using the Kobo Desktop. I then did a factory reset and resynched using the Kobo Desktop so my awards are back. I then uploaded 20 or so books via Calibre.

I read some books for a day or two and then started getting the "eReader Storage Error". Any ideas on what might be causing this? Anyone else getting eReader Storage Error?

I am on version 1.9.5 of the firmware.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I would open a help ticket with Kobo and ask about it, Tony. You might also look at their official support board at http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo and see if other folks are reporting it. Kobo staff are assigned to that board and they very often can get things moving--especially if you can give them your support ticket number if there has been a delay.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 04:00 AM   #3
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
What? They have an official support forum somewhere? Hmm, no mention of such on their website.

Sheesh, looks like I have to create two new accounts and passwords. One at http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo and another at Zendesk.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
nanel609
nanel609 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Good luck. I have two ticket numbers and haven't had a response yet. I've been having the same problem. I've had the error twice now.
nanel609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
See the following post: Forced Factory Resets due to eReader Storage Error - KT

I am experiencing the same problem, on my third reset now. I believe this problem is related to calibre not disconnecting the device properly or it may be caused by not disconnecting the device properly from your computer. (disconnecting the usb cord before disconnecting the device).

It would be helpful to know if you are using calibre?
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
nanel609
nanel609 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
I do use Calibre, but my error had nothing to do with it. I was away at the time had had just turned the ebook on.

I've heard from KOBO who advised, "We are currently investigating the cause of the error, however, it is likely an issue between the database on the Touch not mirroring the database on the desktop app exactly. When the database check is made by the Touch, if it does not match what it sees from the latest data received from the desktop app, it can cause the error. This is why it requests a factory reset."

They clarified that "Non Kobo books should not present an issue, the issue is related to the database number, everytime it is updated, the revision number changes which needs to be identical with the desktop app. We are not sure what exactly is causing the error but we are working to identify it as soon as possible. Please contact us, if you experience any further difficulties."

I did the factory reset twice. Since then, while the reader sleeps it never shuts off so I haven't had the problem again. Not sure if that's just a way around it until they get it sorted, but it's working for me.
nanel609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #7
mdclements
Kobo Developer
mdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanel609 View Post
I do use Calibre, but my error had nothing to do with it. I was away at the time had had just turned the ebook on.

I've heard from KOBO who advised, "We are currently investigating the cause of the error, however, it is likely an issue between the database on the Touch not mirroring the database on the desktop app exactly. When the database check is made by the Touch, if it does not match what it sees from the latest data received from the desktop app, it can cause the error. This is why it requests a factory reset."

They clarified that "Non Kobo books should not present an issue, the issue is related to the database number, everytime it is updated, the revision number changes which needs to be identical with the desktop app. We are not sure what exactly is causing the error but we are working to identify it as soon as possible. Please contact us, if you experience any further difficulties."

I did the factory reset twice. Since then, while the reader sleeps it never shuts off so I haven't had the problem again. Not sure if that's just a way around it until they get it sorted, but it's working for me.
Hi, these directions are not entirely accurate. We perform a simple database integrity and file system integrity check when the device powers on and when you reboot the device. If we encounter corruption in either case we show this dialog.
mdclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
mdclements
Kobo Developer
mdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Kobo
Would you be able to PM me your customer care ticket #?
mdclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #9
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
(Please ignore my previous posting as it got sidejacked due to the USB device/cable issues.)

I had previously gotten the eReader Storage Error so I synched using the Kobo Desktop. I then did a factory reset and resynched using the Kobo Desktop so my awards are back. I then uploaded 20 or so books via Calibre.

I read some books for a day or two and then started getting the "eReader Storage Error". Any ideas on what might be causing this? Anyone else getting eReader Storage Error?

I am on version 1.9.5 of the firmware.
Tony Just got the error you are talking about.. It was caused by Calibre... and by my actions with calibre and the touch. I had just did a factory reset and i dont want calibre to place its meta files and stuff on the touch. So i had interrupted it to prevent it from writing those files.
Unfortunately for me it was busy writing stuff to my touch... and thats where i caused the storage error!

Just wanted to let you know how i caused it for me.

good luck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote