Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
A great idea for what to do with Kindle clippings

I have been playing with Sigil to clean up a Gutenberg book and have gotten very comfortable with it. So I decided to use it to make a nice book out of my Kindle clippings so they don't just sit there growing longer and more disorderly I find that since I read more than one book at a time, I need to reorganize them anyway, and I'd rather have it in a nice format than all jumbled!

So, I made a Sigil file using the tutorial here. Chose a cover image off Google Images, added a title and set the whole thing up. Then I made sections for each letter of the alphabet (A-B, C-D etc.) Then I just copied the clippings file to my computer, opened it up and started cutting and pasting in the text, alphabetical by author's last name. The great thing is, if I had something later in the file but from the same book, I could just paste it into my file at the right spot and I would have a sequential record of the book.

When it was done, I loaded it into Calibre, converted it to Mobi and voila! When my clippings file gets long again, all I have to do is open up the epub again, make my edits and load it back into Calibre.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote