Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
Dereks
Connoisseur
Dereks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Strange bug in Recipe Highlights

Hi, I'm using Sony Reader PRS650 and I've been experiencing a very strange bug with highlights some recipes (both the user-created ones, and the ones that are part of text formatting).
When viewed on the devices itself, highlights aren't displayed property: only certain words become highlighted. (technically, the whole area is highlighted and if you try to copy the highlight, whole selection is copied) Here is the screenshot:

However, when the same files are viewed in Sony Reader Library, the same highlights are displayed properly.
Also, this problem isn't universal, only few recipes created by calibre have it. I have not the faintest idea what may be causing it, so would appreciate even some ideas where the problem may be.
Dereks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereks View Post
Hi, I'm using Sony Reader PRS650 and I've been experiencing a very strange bug with highlights some recipes (both the user-created ones, and the ones that are part of text formatting).
When viewed on the devices itself, highlights aren't displayed property: only certain words become highlighted. (technically, the whole area is highlighted and if you try to copy the highlight, whole selection is copied)
However, when the same files are viewed in Sony Reader Library, the same highlights are displayed properly.
Also, this problem isn't universal, only few recipes created by calibre have it. I have not the faintest idea what may be causing it, so would appreciate even some ideas where the problem may be.
This looks like a formatting issue. The problem may lie in inline font styliing, in CSS styling of the book or in settings on your device that override the above. You'll have to look at the EPUB content (use Calibre's Tweak or Sigil), and/or your device, to figure out what's happening. At that point you may be able to fix it in your recipes with the Extra_CSS. People in the main forum, or perhaps the Conversion subforum may have more info for you than recipe users.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
Dereks
Connoisseur
Dereks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Hi there, managed to to solve the issue, thanks to guys at the-ebook.org community
for future reference, here is what was done:

Quote:
body {
font-family: -ua-default;

margin-right: 0;
margin-left: 0;
margin-top: 0;
margin-bottom: 0;
line-height: 100%;
font-size: 1.3em;
}

.epub {
}

code {
}

h2 {
font-size: 1.4em;
line-height: 130%;
}
since I have custom firmware from porkupan, I added those lines directly to userstyle.css file on my ebook reader. If you didn't modify your firmware, try to inculde those lines as extra css to your recipe. I think it should work too.
Update, I identified, that only those lines in bold are responsible for apprehending the bug. Other lines can be deleted safely, if you don't like them.

Last edited by Dereks; 03-25-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Dereks is offline   Reply With Quote