Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Lightbulb Reading on Bada OS (Samsung Wave)

Hi!

Anyone caring to share some ebook reading experience on Bada?

The only decent reader I found so far is Foliant. It's JAVA based and supports only .txt and .fb2.

AFAIK there is still no native reader, except one .epub reader, but it was faaaar away from acceptable. I think text reflow was missing and the font was very thin and hard on the eyes.

I hope Coolreader or something similar comes for Bada. It's not as popular OS as Android or iOS, but there are more than 5 000 000 users out there waiting for the first reading software. Me among them

Last edited by LCF; 03-26-2011 at 10:03 AM.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
dAhc
dAhc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
hi!
I am too looking for decent software to read on bada. Foliant 0.7 its supposed to support .epub.

I have installed the application but can't figure out how it works. I can't add books :S so I can't read!!

Can you tell me how to do it please?
dAhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I don't know if this helps but I used to use Foliant 0.6.2 on a Nokia X6 and the were a bank of four icons along the bottom of the screen. One of them was a book with a plus sign on it.

Clicking on this took me to the page where I can perform a browse of my phone to locate some books.

Once I'd selected the book it would then be added to the library.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAhc View Post
hi!
I am too looking for decent software to read on bada. Foliant 0.7 its supposed to support .epub.

I have installed the application but can't figure out how it works. I can't add books :S so I can't read!!

Can you tell me how to do it please?
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I don't know if this helps but I used to use Foliant 0.6.2 on a Nokia X6 and the were a bank of four icons along the bottom of the screen. One of them was a book with a plus sign on it.

Clicking on this took me to the page where I can perform a browse of my phone to locate some books.

Once I'd selected the book it would then be added to the library.
Exactly this is the way! I have attached a few screenshots with visual on the Wave.

As for formats - you can convert epubs and other files to fb2 online (for example here), or by using Calibre.

Also, the 0.7 beta 3 is available (http://db.tt/3Iq9tm7) if you like experimenting. I don't know how it handles epubs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Foliant2.jpg
Views:	1028
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	67584  

Last edited by LCF; 03-01-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
dAhc
dAhc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
thank you for the information
dAhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #6
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
what is bada os?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #7
LCF
Wizard

It's a new operating system from Samsung. Has the chances to be as good as Android/iOS, but being only for Samsung it's not going to be very easy ride. Still, the phones with it are great (cheaper than Androids with same Hardware) and the app store is growing slowly but steady.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #8
LCF
Wizard

http://albite.vlexofree.com/reader

Reads text and epub. And html (I think). Anyway, it's a great reader, even if a bit rough on the edges. Definitely worth a try, if you haven't got a better Java reader for epubs.

And if you have one, please do share it's name!

Tags
bada, foliant, reader, samsung wave