Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 02:11 AM   #1
Rowen
Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook
The Chaos Chronicles - Jeffery A. Carver

I stumbled across this set of books completely by accident while browsing different writing sites. Jeffery Carver was someone I just hadn't heard of and here I was, reading a excellent series of writing tutorials by him! (you can view them here if interest: http://www.writesf.com/ )

With a lot of browsing I wandered to his actual website. It was there I found The Chaos Chronicles. The first three of his books are in many different ereader formats and on my ipod and Nook they look fantastic. The last one is only available in PDF, however.

So let me get to the meat and potatoes of this story. Wanting to broaden my reading I decided to give his novels a try. The first one hooked me! I couldn't wait to read the second, which promptly drug me into the third. I have just now started to read the forth book. There fantastic!

Now, your probably wondering just what genre. Well, good old Science Fiction. The first book takes place on Triton, One of Neptunes moons (hence the name of the First book: Neptunes Crossing). Our protagionist is John Bandicut a pilot from Earth on his way to Triton for a good paying job doing what he does best. Things however never work as smoothly as we plan and John ends up being the one person to meet an alien presence. It is now up to John to find a way to save humanity in the face of Chaos. The books description said it best: He has to break all the rules, and sacrifice everything he holds dear, to prevent a cataclysm that would destroy humanity.

If your a Sci Fi fan, love compelling characters and a good story. Then grab a copy of these books and see for yourself. I would love to hear everyones opinion and I hope I introduced some memorable books to all of you.

The Chaos Chronicles can be found at the authors website for free download: http://www.starrigger.net/Downloads.htm

Happy Reading
Rowen
Rowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:21 AM   #2
Rowen
Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Forgot to add that the books are Adult 17+ Due to stong language and sexual situations.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:53 AM   #3
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hello Rowen,

You might be interested to know that Jeffrey Carver is an active member of MobileRead.
His books have been widely publicized here and have received (as far as I can remember and surely so from myself) a good reception.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:20 AM   #4
Rowen

Well dang! Thats awesome! I had no idea and had not come across any of his posts. Forgive me if I posted something redundant. Now Ill be looking forward to seeing some of his posts. And can ask him when the fifth book of the Chaos Chronicles will be out.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:29 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Jeffrey Carver is starrigger on MR. His books are also at feedbooks and Baen webscription plus his website - Free Downloads
It's always great to hear when others really enjoy reading books by MR author members.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Jeffrey Carver is starrigger on MR. His books are also at feedbooks and Baen webscription plus his website - Free Downloads
It's always great to hear when others really enjoy reading books by MR author members.
Thanks dreams for giving the details I was too lazy to give
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:29 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
What they've said ..... ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #8
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I've read his books already and really enjoyed all of them. I certainly can recommend this author and his works.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #9
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treven View Post
I've read his books already and really enjoyed all of them. I certainly can recommend this author and his works.

I'm not saying that Jeffrey's books are the most valuable jewels out there (they aren't imho) but, like Treven, i enjoyed all of them. I would buy another Jeffrey A. Carver book without hesitation.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote