Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
JPDeckers
JPDeckers began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 US & K3 WiFi
Starting dev on Kindle

Got myself a Kindle 2, am root through dropbear.
Am pretty good on cli-level, certified perl hacker, know my way around various linux distributions, C & Java, however, am not blessed with any experience on X or cross-compiling.

Already found the scratchbox toolchain (tnx cdisou), will be diving into this after this weekend, but, anybody know of any manuals/hello world/xdaliclock (w/ code) alike examples in this ? Would help me quite a lot in getting up to speed...

My first project would btw. be a book-management interface, so I can move books in & out my "bookshelf" onto my Kindle main screen (while the bookshelf itself is also on Kindle). I hate having 20 books on the first two screens. I want to bring all w/ me, but only see the few I'm reading.
JPDeckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:22 AM   #2
DairyKnight
Connoisseur
DairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with others

Device: PRS-505
Someone has already ported QT embedded. See this:
http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthre...extra=page%3D1

Seems he's developed a display driver for auto-refreshing the DX screen.
DairyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote