Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
BCCISProf
Enthusiast
BCCISProf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, Nook
How to remove all bookmarks

Is there a way either on the Sony Reader or using the Connect software to remove all bookmarks on the reader. (I know that I can remove all bookmarks from an individual book.)

Resetting the reader does not work.

Suggestions?

Thank you.
BCCISProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Not that I know of; there may be workarounds:

1) delete and reload all books bookmarks (does this delete bookmarks? I think so but not sure)

2) you can hold the bookmarks button to go to the bookmarks screen, press 1 to go to the first bookmark, then press the bookmark button shortly to remove the bookmark. The hold the bookmark button to return to the bookmark screen, rinse, repeat.

Just of out curiosity, how many bookmarks do you have exactly?
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
BCCISProf
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Not that I know of; there may be workarounds:

Just of out curiosity, how many bookmarks do you have exactly?
Approximately 300+ bookmarks have accumulated over 37 pages of the all bookmarks list!

Never looked at that page before....
Old 08-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
300+? Wow, you like the bookmarks button

Okay, then the "delete one by one strategy" won't help you much. Perhaps deleting and reloading all books will work for you, but again, I'm not sure if that actually removes the bookmarks. I hope some other member has better suggestions.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You aren't looking at bookmarks. You are looking at the history. Just leave it be.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Slightly less drastic would be to delete the .xml files which store such information, allowing them to be regenerated...

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You aren't looking at bookmarks. You are looking at the history. Just leave it be.
Why would the book marks list show bookmarks that didn't exist any more?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm guess format the internal memory would work. Of course, you would loose all your books to, and have to reload them.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #9
BCCISProf
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Nope! I can tell the difference between history and bookmarks

History keeps the last 100 pages. Bookmarks on the main menu page is a conglomeration of all the individual bookmarks of the each book. And it is now at about 300 or so!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #10
BCCISProf
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
Slightly less drastic would be to delete the .xml files which store such information, allowing them to be regenerated...

William
Not drastic at all! This seems to be the solution. Thank you.

I deleted the contents of the database and sync directories on the SD card.

I didn't know how to find the .xml files that may be stored on the internal memory, of the 500, so I could not delete them. However, there were substantially fewer bookmarks when I removed the SD card, so I was able to remove them manually.

Now I'm down to zero bookmarks and zero history and can start again. This time I hope to remember to delete the bookmarks of each book as I finish reading it.

BTW: Is there a way to view the file system of the Reader itself?

Thanks for all your help!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #11
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
On my 505, I just plug it into my Mac and can then view the filesystem directly --- I believe the same thing works on a PC, but I haven't had my reader plugged into my Windows Tablet PC for a long while.

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote