Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #481
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Backlist titles for 99 cents? Where?!?
She asked, you are all witnesses.
You probably have some of them already Blossom.

So far I did this damage. All today. All .99 cents.

Midnight Flame - Vinet, Lynette http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EOHJ0OC
Rose in Scotland - Overfield, Joan http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008TW3ISM
The Wedding Night - Needham, Linda http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q1YE4E
My Wicked Earl - Needham, Linda http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00120959E
The Chance - Layton, Edith http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VA1PUC
The Spare - Jewel, Carolyn http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TXREHQ

But I am still up, so this might not be the end.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #482
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I can think of a lot of backlist stuff I wish were 99 cents.

Heck even $2.99-$3.99 would be nice instead of $6.99-$7.99.
You said it! As I've said before a backlist title shouldn't be more than $5 ridiculous how much they think they can charge.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #483
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
She asked, you are all witnesses.
You probably have some of them already Blossom.

So far I did this damage. All today. All .99 cents.

Midnight Flame - Vinet, Lynette http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EOHJ0OC
The Spare - Jewel, Carolyn http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TXREHQ

But I am still up, so this might not be the end.
I grabbed these two! Finding 99 cents backlist titles is becoming rare so ladies and gents when you find one please share even if it's 1.99 most are now $4 or more.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #484
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE Indie @ Amazon:

Stone Passions Trilogy (Stone Passion 1, 2, & 3) - A.C. Warneke (Paranormal Romance)

Amazon US----Amazon UK

(Book #1 of the Trilogy was mentioned in the Maryse Blog Bargain e-books post for Aug. 9th in the reader recommendations section)

-->Here's the Goodreads link

Last edited by kg3; 08-23-2013 at 07:19 AM.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #485
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE @ Amazon:

Instructing an Heiress (Cinderella Heiresses #2) - Judy Teel

Amazon US----Amazon UK

--Other titles in this series have previously been posted as freebies
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #486
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Anybody who was waffling about 'Tall Tatted and Tempting' by Tammy Falkner, just wanted to say that I'm between 1/3 to 1/2 way through it and I am loving it so far. What a pleasant surprise and unique story, and it's still $.99, also at Kobo too. I think book 2 comes out next week.
I looked, I read the blurb, I bought and it's all your fault. You enabler you. Thanks.

P.S. I hope I am not overdrawn.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #487
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bad enabler Blue2u

I was looking up that book, Tall, Tattled and Tempting and it says in the description and on goodreads reviews, that the author included 2 versions of the book in one file. One cleaner one for her son or something like that. So the book ends at 50% if read on the kindle. Is it a complete book? Or is there a cliffhanger. It looks to be a very short book. I don't mind it being a short book, as long as its a book and not just a part of the book with book 2 coming up at some point. I am a bit unclear on that since I saw a couple of reviews saying they want the next part and the author is still writing it.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #488
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Bad enabler Blue2u

I was looking up that book, Tall, Tattled and Tempting and it says in the description and on goodreads reviews, that the author included 2 versions of the book in one file. One cleaner one for her son or something like that. So the book ends at 50% if read on the kindle. Is it a complete book? Or is there a cliffhanger. It looks to be a very short book. I don't mind it being a short book, as long as its a book and not just a part of the book with book 2 coming up at some point. I am a bit unclear on that since I saw a couple of reviews saying they want the next part and the author is still writing it.
Wow, lots of interest in this book! Yes, it ends on a cliffhanger, but a happy one. Let's say if you DID like the book, you'd want to buy book 2, if you were just ok with it, you'd be ok with the ending and walk away 'satisfied'. It does indeed include 2 versions of the book, 1 steamy, 1 'light'. The book is actually only around 160-ish pages.

Overall, now that I'm done, I stand by my recommendation, would give it a solid 4, maybe even 4.5 and I will be buying the 2nd book, JMO of course but I just was pleasantly surprised at the originality and story-telling.

Last edited by Blue2u; 08-23-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #489
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I remember asking about this author a long time ago here, and IIRC nobody had read her stuff so I just added her to my wishlist. 2 of them just dropped in price to $2.99 [were $5.], and since they're rated pretty highly at GR think I'll take a chance, they sound unique and from the bit I previewed her writing seems mature. Posting them here because I've never seen them drop in all this time, and they're not at Kobo either.
$2.99 each, The Education of... [2 books] by Jane Harvey Berrick
Old 08-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #490
Atunah
Wizard

Cool, thanks blue. So which version did you read, steamy?
Old 08-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #491
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Wow, lots of interest in this book! Yes, it ends on a cliffhanger, but a happy one. Let's say if you DID like the book, you'd want to buy book 2, if you were just ok with it, you'd be ok with the ending and walk away 'satisfied'. It does indeed include 2 versions of the book, 1 steamy, 1 'light'. The book is actually only around 160-ish pages.
Ok, sold! As long as it has some kind of ending and isn't a cliffhanger then I'm good with it. I've already blown my budget this month, anyway, so what's one more?
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #492
Atunah
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Ok, sold! As long as it has some kind of ending and isn't a cliffhanger then I'm good with it. I've already blown my budget this month, anyway, so what's one more?
I need a cross stitch sampler with that on it.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #493
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Cool, thanks blue. So which version did you read, steamy?
yes!...and it was...steamy
Old 08-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #494
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE Indie @ Amazon:

Stone Passions Trilogy (Stone Passion 1, 2, & 3) - A.C. Warneke (Paranormal Romance)

Amazon US----Amazon UK

(Book #1 of the Trilogy was mentioned in the Maryse Blog Bargain e-books post for Aug. 9th in the reader recommendations section)

-->Here's the Goodreads link
, Great find!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #495
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
I looked, I read the blurb, I bought and it's all your fault. You enabler you. Thanks.

P.S. I hope I am not overdrawn.
You're welcome, but hope you're not overdrawn also.

Like atunah and worktolive say:
Quote:
I've already blown my budget this month, anyway, so what's one more?
I think we should rename this whole thread to that!