Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-28-2020, 03:44 AM   #1
ravengt
ravengt began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung S10+
Trouble Connecting

I have a somewhat unique problem that I've only experienced when using Calibre Companion and as you've guessed, probably from reading the title, it's yet another connection problem.

So it goes like this: When I attempt to connect CC on my phone to Calibre on my computer it 100% works. Everything loads and I'm able to transfer books back and forth with 0 problems. The problem happens when I disconnect and leave it disconnected for a bit then attempt to reconnect. It suddenly has no idea where my computer is and the connection fails, not sure if it fails on my phone's end or my computer's end. I'm using the direct connect the settings-IP/Port offers where you input the IP and port for your Calibre program directly as I've had more luck getting that to work consistently.

Now, if I were to restart my computer, and sometimes my phone, then 3.5/5 times it'll be able to find my computer again and connect. It'd sometimes still fail and I'd need to restart it again to get it to work. I don't think the problem is with a firewall or antivirus as I'd completely disabled both when trying to solve this problem myself and it does connect the first time even with both activated.

I tried out solutions both on here and google but nothing is working, it might be something I missed but I'm pretty much at the point of throwing my hands up and accepting my failure.
ravengt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:59 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
you need to find and post logs, and also say if you are connecting to content server or as wireless device.
also your calibre and CC versions
you can try connecting to calibre with the browser on phone using the same info you input to CC, if that fails to re-connect then it is not a CC issue. if that never fails then it probably is..
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert