Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2022, 10:47 PM   #31
mobilemoxie
Enthusiast
mobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I finally upgraded my Kobo Clara to the latest firmware and everything got wiped out.

I just read this thread about the screensaver function being integrated into the Kobo FW.

It's not working for me.

- Yes, I created a folder in .kobo called "screensaver."
- Yes, I added several .png image files into this folder. I've used these images before for my screensaver on kobo clara.
- I ejected my kobo
- I went into setting and made sure "show current read" and "show book covers full screen" are both checked.

Upon sleeping my kobo, all I see is the "sleeping' at the bottom left.

No image shows.
mobilemoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 10:49 PM   #32
mobilemoxie
Enthusiast
mobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheesemobilemoxie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I finally upgraded my Kobo Clara to the latest firmware.

I just read this thread about the screensaver function being integrated into the Kobo FW.

Cool!

Just got it to work, once I opened a book to read and then put my device into sleep mode.
mobilemoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 09:45 AM   #33
notbrianblessed
notbrianblessed began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
I have just upgraded my ageing but not quite senile Glo to a Libra 2 and the screensavers work for me too.

I sometimes like the covers as a screensaver so, in case this helps anybody else, I have added this to the NickelMenu config file:

Quote:
menu_item :main :Screensaver (toggle) :cmd_output :500:quiet :ls -d /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver
chain_success:skip:7
chain_failure :cmd_output :500:quiet :ls -d /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver.disabled
chain_success :cmd_spawn :quiet :exec mv /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver.disabled /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver
chain_success :dbg_toast :Enabled Screensaver
chain_failure :dbg_toast :Error Enabling Screensaver - Could not rename folder
chain_failure :dbg_toast :Error Toggling Screensaver - Has a screensaver folder been created?
chain_always:skip:-1
chain_always:skip:-1
chain_success :cmd_spawn :quiet :exec mv /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver.disabled
chain_success :dbg_toast :Disabled Screensaver
chain_failure :dbg_toast :Error Disabling Screensaver - Could not rename folder
notbrianblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 11:36 PM   #34
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by notbrianblessed View Post
I have just upgraded my ageing but not quite senile Glo to a Libra 2 and the screensavers work for me too.

I sometimes like the covers as a screensaver so, in case this helps anybody else, I have added this to the NickelMenu config file:
Interesting. A while back in 2020, the following was posted:

Code:
#
menu_item :main :Screensaver Status :cmd_output :500:quiet:test -e /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver_old
      chain_success  : dbg_toast :Screensaver is off
      chain_failure  : dbg_toast :Screensaver is on
#
menu_item :main :Toggle screensaver :cmd_output :500:quiet:test -e /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver_old
    chain_failure :skip :3
        chain_success :cmd_spawn :quiet:mv /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver_old /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver
        chain_success :dbg_toast :Screensaver on
        chain_always :skip :-1
    chain_failure :cmd_spawn :quiet:mv /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver_old
    chain_success :dbg_toast :Screensaver off
#
The assumption was made that anyone who wanted to use this would have created the screensaver directory so no error checking was done for a missing screensaver directory.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 01:32 PM   #35
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

Code:
#
menu_item :main :Screensaver Status :cmd_output :500:quiet:test -e /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver_old
#
menu_item :main :Toggle screensaver :cmd_output :500:quiet:test -e /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver_old
        chain_success :cmd_spawn :quiet:mv /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver_old /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver
    chain_failure :cmd_spawn :quiet:mv /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver_old
#
The assumption was made that anyone who wanted to use this would have created the screensaver directory so no error checking was done for a missing screensaver directory.
Thanks for that code! I didn't like the 'off/on' terminology, so I changed the outputs to "Cover Art Mode" and "Wallpaper Mode".
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 03:43 AM   #36
jaceygan
Enthusiast
jaceygan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

Code:
#
#
#
Thank you! I just posted in reddit today and found this here.
jaceygan is offline   Reply With Quote