Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
New Glo and Calibre 9.10

I have bought a Kobo Glo today. It has firmware 2.15, not the latest, as far as I understand.
I have a problem, I have connected it to Calibre (9.10, both 32 and 64 bit) and if I try to look into the device, I see that it stops after reading only 9 ebooks, and a pop-up comes out with this message
------------------------------------------------------------------------
calibre, version 0.9.10
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:sequence item 0: expected string, NoneType found

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 1394, in data
TypeError: sequence item 0: expected string, NoneType found
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before posting into the calibre forum, I would like to ask if anybody had a similar problem, not necessarily the same error code, but problems in connecting to Calibre. Could it be connected to the old firmware version ?

Thanks in advance.

Bruno
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Can't help on the Calibre error specifically, but 2.1.5 is generally the latest Kobo firmware so it shouldn't be the problem. Firmware 2.3.x has just started to roll out from Kobo, but they do a phased release (not everyone gets it at the same time). If anything, 2.3.x would have more potential to cause issue vs 2.1.5.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
Did you correctly initialize the reader (Kobo login, etc)?
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opitzs View Post
Did you correctly initialize the reader (Kobo login, etc)?
Yes, I did. Where would that be an obstacle ?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
How old is your computer? Are you connecting through a USB hub? Have you tried another USB cable?
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
If you are using non-kepubs, just open it as a disk drive. You will see all your books in the top level of the Kobo. Do that, and then EJECT it before unplugging/replugging, and try calibre again.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Bruno started a thread in the calibre forum with an extra error that has given me a hint. I have responded to him there.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:28 PM   #8
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Considering that you're quite a number of versions behind on Calibre, which has received a number of updates specific to Kobo, why not upgrade Calibre and try again...

Oops. Had I seen David's post above I wouldn't have bothered. Must have opened this a while ago and just got around to responding while looking at other threads.

Worse yet, I thought the version I had just downloaded this week was .98, not .9.8 so thought you had .91, not .9.10 . Apologies. Just kill me now.

Last edited by TechniSol; 12-17-2012 at 04:14 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot...
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #9
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Bruno started a thread in the calibre forum with an extra error that has given me a hint. I have responded to him there.
Sorry for apperaing to deceive you, it was not done on purpose, I just saw that it seemed a technical problem, and went to the other forum.

Thanks everybody who tried to help.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #10
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Considering that you're quite a number of versions behind on Calibre, which has received a number of updates specific to Kobo, why not upgrade Calibre and try again...

Oops. Had I seen David's post above I wouldn't have bothered. Must have opened this a while ago and just got around to responding while looking at other threads.
9.10 is the latest, as far as I know. What did I say ?
Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
Sorry for apperaing to deceive you, it was not done on purpose, I just saw that it seemed a technical problem, and went to the other forum.
Bruno,

I had no problems with what you did. In fact, I was very happy for the extra information. I have an idea what is going wrong, but not why. It might be a little difference in the data that Kobo are now storing, or a mistake in the driver.

David
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote