Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many hours do you spend reading on an average day?
Less than an hour 11 5.82%
1 hour 38 20.11%
2 hours 63 33.33%
3 hours 41 21.69%
4 hours 15 7.94%
5 or more hours 21 11.11%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #76
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Yes. I could not sleep without some sort of reading material in my hands. Most recently ipad or Kindle PW.
Me neither. It's been a habit of mine to read before falling asleep since very early childhood, now I've got my husband hooked on bedtime reading as well. I cannot fall asleep without doing at least a bit of reading, no matter how late it is.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #77
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Me neither. It's been a habit of mine to read before falling asleep since very early childhood, now I've got my husband hooked on bedtime reading as well. I cannot fall asleep without doing at least a bit of reading, no matter how late it is.
I'm the same as well.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #78
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You will like it, the light is really useful. Makes you wonder why they did not do it a couple years earlier or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
I'm looking to get a kobo glo soon, so the bedside lamp doesn't irritate my wife at night.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #79
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Don't you think that's quite a waste, to have your car idling for 1 hour? Not to mention the unnecessary pollution. Cities like Vancouver have a no-idle policy, which I think should be more widely spread and enforced.
You know what? not really.. I just start it up to keep the chill off.. (I should have stated that) Plus my car has almost Zero released emissions.. my car is a 2010 Porsche Carrera 4... so I really don't see a problem.. I would not even think about adding to pollution..who do you think I am? a Dummy?
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #80
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
You know what? not really.. I just start it up to keep the chill off.. (I should have stated that) Plus my car has almost Zero released emissions.. my car is a 2010 Porsche Carrera 4... so I really don't see a problem.. I would not even think about adding to pollution..who do you think I am? a Dummy?
Aren't they designed to run E10? Part of your emissions reduction is calculated by the offset of growing crops to make E10. The other part is in the filtration and advanced converter system which puts it in the "better than standard high performance vehicles" category, but you're still releasing emissions.

If you are using E10, you get a "credit" but it doesn't happen at the tail pipe.

Nice car, by the way.

Back on topic - I've picked my Sony back up after a break to do other things. I expect while I'm in Florida for Christmas my daily totals will be more like 10 hours / day.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #81
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Aren't they designed to run E10? Part of your emissions reduction is calculated by the offset of growing crops to make E10. The other part is in the filtration and advanced converter system which puts it in the "better than standard high performance vehicles" category, but you're still releasing emissions.

If you are using E10, you get a "credit" but it doesn't happen at the tail pipe.

Nice car, by the way.

Back on topic - I've picked my Sony back up after a break to do other things. I expect while I'm in Florida for Christmas my daily totals will be more like 10 hours / day.
No, not using E10.. using common sense.. boy it looks as though there are some ultra conservative folks here.. LOL.. the no idle law.. wow.. give me a break..
Sorry.. I don't waste GAS.. too expensive.. but I do like to keep warm when reading.. LOL..
Doug
Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #82
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
MrDoug, just FYI, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in Germany who thinks it's okay to sit in a car with the motor on, reading. Not saying that you do, because you aready mentioned you don't. It's what we perceive to be "normal" or acceptable, I guess, and it definitely has nothing to do with being conservative.
This may or may not be acceptable in other parts of the world; it defintely is more socially acceptable here in the US, where I even see people leaving the motor on while they are inside a store.

Just making sure you don't misunderstand where this is coming from.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #83
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
No, not using E10.. using common sense.. boy it looks as though there are some ultra conservative folks here.. LOL.. the no idle law.. wow.. give me a break..
Sorry.. I don't waste GAS.. too expensive.. but I do like to keep warm when reading.. LOL..
Doug
Not conservative, just people with common sense. You might find it acceptable to idle your car for extended periods of time; others think otherwise.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #84
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Doug
Not ultra-conservative, I'm just a bit of a car nerd. I was responding to "Plus my car has almost Zero released emissions" because these days car manufacturers use "eco-marketing" that tends to be misleading. The cars get the claimed emissions results only in specific conditions, and when those conditions aren't met, the emissions reduction is lost.

You'll note that my post made no mention or judgement about your actions either way, only comments on whether or not your perceived emissions output was accurate.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #85
MrDoug
Banned

From this day forward I will start turning my motor off at stop signs and stop lights as well! LOL
Old 12-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #86
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
From this day forward I will start turning my motor off at stop signs and stop lights as well! LOL
Quote:
idling a vehicle for more than 10 seconds wastes more fuel than shutting down and restarting the vehicle
Source
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #87
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Lately ? Not enough. Been busy with miscellaneous stuff and haven't read as much as I would love to. This coming week I'll have to catch up
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote