Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2017, 03:15 PM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I believe advanced font settings only applies to the stock Kobo fonts
But there is a patch that allows it's use with side loaded truetype fonts.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:53 PM   #92
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Jon; I know that but a user should be smart enough to know that if they had patched and their device upgrades it will need to be repatchef. While I do provide some hand holding I feel people have some responsibility for managing the device themselves
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2017, 07:02 PM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Jon; I know that but a user should be smart enough to know that if they had patched and their device upgrades it will need to be repatchef. While I do provide some hand holding I feel people have some responsibility for managing the device themselves.
I have posted some reminders to reinstall any custom dictionaries because I've forgotten to do so until I noticed the hyphenation not properly working.

But yes, people should know what they need to do after a new firmware update.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:49 PM   #94
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
If they are new to Kobo then they might not know. I remember when I didn't. It took asking here​ to realize that this was going to be a high maintenance device.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:15 PM   #95
kido.resuri
Groupie
kido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Sleep and Power options is now called Energy saving and privacy. But what privacy options are there? None, for my Kobo at least. Am I missing something?
kido.resuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2017, 06:57 PM   #96
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you change your affiliate to Rakuten (or something like that) there is a option to have a PIN number to unlock the screen.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:18 PM   #97
kido.resuri
Groupie
kido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura about

Ah, I understand, thanks. Saw the texts for PINs in the translation file, but didn't know where it was located.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:52 PM   #98
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kido.resuri View Post
Sleep and Power options is now called Energy saving and privacy. But what privacy options are there? None, for my Kobo at least. Am I missing something?
Privacy: Disable display of covers... add a pin. people won't that you're reading 50 Shades if they happen across your Kobo when you're not using it.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:08 AM   #99
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Privacy: Disable display of covers... add a pin. people won't that you're reading 50 Shades if they happen across your Kobo when you're not using it.
The main reason not to let anyone else know that you are reading 50 Shades of Grey is so others don't know how bad your taste in books is.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:58 AM   #100
patryk
patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The main reason not to let anyone else know that you are reading 50 Shades of Grey is so others don't know how bad your taste in books is.
Agreed haha
Although I would love to have a pin or something. When I carry my H2O in cargo pants' pocket, the thing wakes up routinely, then pages get flipped and sometimes it takes forever to find the place where I stopped reading. A pin would probably solve the problem

Last edited by patryk; 04-01-2017 at 08:25 AM.
patryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #101
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patryk View Post
Agreed haha
Although I would love to have a pin or something. When I carry my H2O in cargo pants' pocket, the thing wakes up routinely, then pages get flipped and sometimes it takes forever to find the place where I stopped reading. A pin would probably solve the problem
Why are you wearing clown pants? The H2O is too big for a pants pocket (unless the pants are clown pants). Also, you risk the H2O getting broken and someday it will become broken.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:53 PM   #102
kido.resuri
Groupie

As davidfor suggested, you can change your affiliate to Rakuten to have a PIN lock.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #103
imkh
Enthusiast
imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Just a reminder its rakutenbooks - though Rakuten works for the pin lock it also throws up errors in sync. And I think you need to add a line in the config file as well but I've lost my reference!

ETA: Scrap that last sentence, it turns up just with changing the affiliate!

Last edited by imkh; 04-01-2017 at 05:13 PM.
imkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:44 PM   #104
patryk
patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why are you wearing clown pants? The H2O is too big for a pants pocket (unless the pants are clown pants). Also, you risk the H2O getting broken and someday it will become broken.
Because they are comfortable and they have pockets big enough for stuff like H2O
Old 04-01-2017, 05:45 PM   #105
patryk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kido.resuri View Post
As davidfor suggested, you can change your affiliate to Rakuten to have a PIN lock.
Could you tell me how to do that? I can't seem to figure it out...