Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 08-08-2015, 08:15 AM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Ahhhhh! Wordstar! Loved that program!

still got a number of documents in wordstar files that I keep dragging around with very little ability to access/convert them.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:49 PM   #17
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Yup, WordStar was wonderful! I fondly remember the WordStar vs. Word Perfect wars. M$ effectively killed it off by (mis)appropriating many of WS' keyboard shortcuts at the OS level.

That was before MS Word was even remotely viable, and needed the help. After that they enabled a few programmer friendly features in Word, and when the programmers adopted it everyone else fell into place; except of course the lawyers who stubbornly refused to give up their Word Perfect.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2015, 08:35 PM   #18
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
I am running 8.1 & was planning to wait awhile to upgrade. Even though I did not make a reservation & never clicked on the icon on my taskbar MS downloaded 6gigs of files to my HD over night. I am now getting daily "nags" about the upgrade starting in 10 minutes. They only thing you can do to stop it from happening at the next restart is to set a new time. They will give you a 24 hr window to reschedule.

This, however, means nothing as I still get the nag 3-4 times a day that the upgrade is ready to start. I really do not like the auto upgrade "feature" & understand the first one caused big problems for many people. Although most people seem to be happy with the new OS others have had nightmare upgrades. While it is a PIA to keep rescheduling I plan to do so as long as they will let me, or at least until I know I am not going to face incompatibility or other issues. I just got over a HD crash & getting everything working again has been a hassle I don't care to repeat any time soon.

I am very skittish about upgrading & glad to see people here reporting no issues. I was concerned because in n the Adobe ADE forum numerous people have reported ADE no longer work in Windows 10 (all versions). So far no response from Adobe. There is a cumbersome work-around that involve going into ADE properties & changing the compatibility to earlier OS. But it needs to be used every time you open/close the program.

According to reports on Alf's blog Nook 4PC no longer works & Nook Study only works for a few people so ability to future proof is diminished if you still use BN.
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:01 PM   #19
Millie1366
Millie1366 began at the beginning.

Device: Kubo Aura H2O
Looking around for am answer - I found this posting and I am new here. I came on because I had downloaded several books onto my Kobo Aura H2O so i could say it was working before Windows 10. From then on it wouldn't download ebooks from library. I have had different messages.

Now - I am not a grandma geek - so technical help if given is appreciated but has to be in simple terms.

The library is trying to help and have sent me on info to me from Overdrive Support. I have followed their suggestions and am actually going around in circles in my head e.g. de-authorisation, delete all library files, delete temp internet history, et. etc.

BUT - I have just come across this post and I have ADE v 3 (they recommended it.) I did manage to download one book last night but it is all 'hit & miss' and honestly I do not have a routine now in my head.

Am I correct in thinking some of you have ADE v 2 on Windows 10 working with a KOBO? (I am also not used to e-readers.)
Millie1366 is offline   Reply With Quote