Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-22-2017, 05:45 PM   #40891
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, 2 Kindle Fire HDs, Nexus 7, 3 Phablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It's a very drafty place up there, especially when it's windy like now, we usually open the regular door to the attic to get rid of the heat in the house.

I managed to cool down my bedroom without opening up the hatch. According to the thermometer it's less than a degree cooler, but it feels cooler than that. Hopefully I can get a good night sleep.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Google make an air conditioner in less than 15 Minutes. I'm sure you have most parts probably in your store or nearby.

It's basically a styrofoam cooler, fan, duct, tape and ice or frozen bottles of water but it does help.

The key is if you have a window put a fan in it to blow out the hot air. Then use a second fan to make the above or you can just put the frozen bottles of water in front of the second fan have it pointed at you while you sleep.

I grew up without a/c so in the summer I'd take a fitted sheet wet it and stick one end on a box fan. Instant cooling fort. I would sleep in that.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:13 PM   #40892
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Google make an air conditioner in less than 15 Minutes. I'm sure you have most parts probably in your store or nearby.

It's basically a styrofoam cooler, fan, duct, tape and ice or frozen bottles of water but it does help.

The key is if you have a window put a fan in it to blow out the hot air. Then use a second fan to make the above or you can just put the frozen bottles of water in front of the second fan have it pointed at you while you sleep.

I grew up without a/c so in the summer I'd take a fitted sheet wet it and stick one end on a box fan. Instant cooling fort. I would sleep in that.

Sent from my XT1528
So any news today?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:20 PM   #40893
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

Sent from my XT1528
I did the frozen water bottle thing this afternoon. It helped a little bit, but I don't think a tower fan is ideal for it.

I dozed for a while, but woke up feeling overheated. So I switched my fan back on and sprayed myself and my pyjamas with water.

I might end up on the couch in the livingroom, despite the noisy drunks walking past.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:30 AM   #40894
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Setting up my mother's new Kindle Paperwhite. Hers died, kinda. For a while now it occasionally either hung or spontaneously rebooted. I tried a factory reset and checked if there were any books stuck indexing, but the problem persisted. Last night it went into a reboot loop and eventually gave the message to contact Amazon. She charged the Kindle and this morning it worked again. But she's like me and doesn't want to be without a working Kindle.

So I went out and got her a new one (no I'm going to lend her my spare, within a day it would stink of cigarette smoke). I've just went through the set up and added the books she hasn't read yet, I'm now waiting until all books are indexed.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?