Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 05:14 AM   #76
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish View Post
I refer to my above posts on the below issues with pdf viewer. Can anyone from pocketbook confirm whether these will be solved in the next release of the firmware for PB302.
1. Scroll up and down by touchscreen for zoom settings 100% or below. Presently this works only for zoom 101% or above.
2. Also scroll up / down option (not existing move forward / backward by full screen space but real scroll) for key mapping could be very useful. This I mentioned in the wanted features section.
3. With higher zoom settings, the default position is somewhere in the middle of the page. If I move to left extreme / right extreme by touchscreen and then if I press the key for move forward / backward, it loses the screen horizontal position. It moves forward/backward and goes to centre of the page. Move forward / backward should not disturb the horizontal position. Otherwise it is very difficult to scroll left / right of the screen for every view to move forward/backward.

Thanks for your support
@1: I am using the latest firmware and have no problem scrolling with a zoom factor under 100%. What version are you using?
@2: It could be useful, but we don't consider it for the 302 as the scrolling would be very slow.
@3: Thank you. I will forward this to our GIK.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #77
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
@1: I am using the latest firmware and have no problem scrolling with a zoom factor under 100%. What version are you using?
@2: It could be useful, but we don't consider it for the 302 as the scrolling would be very slow.
@3: Thank you. I will forward this to our GIK.
@1 I am using the latest firmware 15.2 dt. 14 June. Are you sure you could scroll up / down by touchscreen in pdfviewer with zoom 100% or less? It is definitely not working for me. It is the problem only in pdfviewer. It works in adobeviewer but adobeviewer has so many other problems like blank pages, edges cut, etc., I made pdfviewer as my default.

@2, if @1 is solved, i hope I would not feel this need. I wished this feature not to scroll up/down always with button but in some situations when a picture is only half visible in one view it would be good to scroll up/down by buttons to get the full view without disturbing the horizontal position.

Please confirm whether @1 is a bug in your firmware or not. Please solve this atleast in next release.

Thanks for your support

Last edited by krish; 07-27-2010 at 01:55 PM.
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #78
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish View Post
@1 I am using the latest firmware 15.2 dt. 14 June. Are you sure you could scroll up / down by touchscreen in pdfviewer with zoom 100% or less? It is definitely not working for me. It is the problem only in pdfviewer. It works in adobeviewer but adobeviewer has so many other problems like blank pages, edges cut, etc., I made pdfviewer as my default.

@2, if @1 is solved, i hope I would not feel this need. I wished this feature not to scroll up/down always with button but in some situations when a picture is only half visible in one view it would be good to scroll up/down by buttons to get the full view without disturbing the horizontal position.

Please confirm whether @1 is a bug in your firmware or not. Please solve this atleast in next release.

Thanks for your support
Yes, of course we will check that. I did my test with Adobe Viewer but have to agree that it doesn't work with pdfviewer.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:23 AM   #79
Marcootje
Marcootje began at the beginning.

Device: Pocktebook 302
Connecting to power

When I connect my PB302 to the power for charging and it´s powered off everything is okay. When I start the PB302 I can read books and more, but when I´ve already started the PB302 and connect it then to the power It shows me the message ´connected to the pc, remove usb cable etc etc...´. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
If the firmware version is this what I found D302.15.2 then I have I think the latest version. I also have the PB302 less then a week.

kr Marcootje
Marcootje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #80
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Pocketbooks, by default, are designed to enter in "PC connection mode" by default. The problem is that the machine can't distinguish when you're connected to a power source or when you're connecting it to the PC, so it displays the message anyways. You can change what happens when your PB gets plugged in the Settings menu. You can choose between the standard mode (PC connection), charging automatically, or have the device ask you if you want to use the PC connection mode or charge mode.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 08:28 AM   #81
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcootje View Post
When I connect my PB302 to the power for charging and it´s powered off everything is okay. When I start the PB302 I can read books and more, but when I´ve already started the PB302 and connect it then to the power It shows me the message ´connected to the pc, remove usb cable etc etc...´. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
If the firmware version is this what I found D302.15.2 then I have I think the latest version. I also have the PB302 less then a week.

kr Marcootje

Welcome to mobileread .....

You can alter what the 302 does, when connected, from the Maintenance 'page' .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #82
Marcootje
Marcootje began at the beginning.

Device: Pocktebook 302
Thanks guys. That´s what I was looking for.
Marcootje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #83
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
we aim to serve, politely and with alacrity ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #84
prusaks
prusaks began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
As there is a new fw coming up I thought I should share my concerns.

I am a pocketbook 302 user and the concerns are:
1. proper web browser(that is not crushing when I turn the device vertically/horizontally using g-sensor and general crushes)
2. rss feeds(I would like to read rss feeds without connecting to pc using calibre but directly downloading using built in rss manager but it only downloads headers which cannot be opened)
3. calendar notes(possibility to add notes to specific dates would be nice)

I haven't had any problems with book reading but the additional functions that attracted me to pocketbook is not working properly. I just wanted to point that out so that it would be the priority not new function adding...
prusaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:25 AM   #85
Silvercat
Silvercat began at the beginning.

I've got a 302 with the 15.2 firmware. When I try to select a menu option or whatever I have to poke quite a bit down from the actual word. As you might imagine, this makes changing things very difficult. It seems to be that way for all links - it's alright with the books, because the area is so big, but when I'm trying to, for example, change a font it's a real pain in the neck.

Besides that, I *love* my Pocketbook and have had no real troubles.

Well, I also wish there were more games and apps for it, since that's one of the reasons I bought it, but I don't really need to be wasting more time than I do.
Silvercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #86
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you re-calibrated the touch screen? It's usually fixed that way. I used to have trouble with my Nintendo DS because I had to press above the point I wanted to press on, but it got fixed that way.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:31 AM   #87
Silvercat
Silvercat began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Have you re-calibrated the touch screen? It's usually fixed that way. I used to have trouble with my Nintendo DS because I had to press above the point I wanted to press on, but it got fixed that way.
That did it. Thanks.
Silvercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:47 AM   #88
Logseman
Orisa

I'm glad it helped
Old 11-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #89
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
The November 20 firmware for the IQ only connects to networks that are broadcasting their SSID. If a wifi network is active, but not broadcasting the SSID, the IQ will not connect even if you manually enter all the network information.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #90
prusaks
prusaks began at the beginning.

POCKETBOOK 302 fw v15.2 bugs

1. Some of the notes I take have reverse colours meaning the background is black and the letters are white.
2. If I open a note and then close the book, open another and close it and so on. After I have done it for several book notes all the books will open on the page the last note was opened. So I can't start reading were I left but from the note.
3. pdf zoom options should have a possibility to zoom for x %, not just 100%, 120%. For some pds it would be useful, at least for me.
4. Data transfer from USB stick or using bluetooth is ridiculously slow and both options drain battery rapidly that makes these functions useless.
5. Power off setting(turn of after x minutes) ignores the bluetooth data transfer and it goes back to point 4.
6. Key mapping doesn't work properly. Even though both big side keys are mapped to go to the next page, when the device is placed/held horizontally on one side the forward button takes one page back.

Some of wanted features:
1. Ability to manually change the gray scale for text in pdfs.
Usually in books about programming they use different colours and the pocketbook 302 interprets some of the colours as really light colours. The problem is that it makes it hard to read.
2. Different note taking system (in addition to the 2nd bug).
The problem is that I cannot see where/if I have taken notes by just going through the book pages. The next problem is that I need to close the book after taking a note in order to add some hand written text to the note. For me as a student it is a bit of a pain.

Last edited by prusaks; 12-11-2010 at 10:57 AM.
prusaks is offline   Reply With Quote