Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #16
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Did you download the original from Archives.org ?
Yeah, I think I did. Dumas' lesser known works are so hard to find, so believe me, I'm pretty appreciative to find them at all. The last 20 years I've spent looking in 2nd hand bookstores trying to collect his books, but most are not easy to find, some were never even published in book format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
It's a painful process as I know, and one made worse if your book is full of dialect or foreign words which shows up as mis-spelling.
You can say that again! Though this book isn't as bad as the book I mentioned earlier that I have in paper form...the original used many accents on letters that didn't get recognised properly...since the text was english, not french. Horrible.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #17
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
In case you are interested in the French edition too, see here.
Thanks! I think I might have the french edition under a different name, as so often happened with Dumas, the french series breaks the books up differently than the english publications did...so sometimes it's hard to find the corresponding parts.
I'll download those volumes, just in case it's different than what I have though!
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
Uschiekid
Tenrec

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'd suspect that I did not update the contents.opf file to say that the new cover image was the cover image. Yes, just checked and that was what I hadn't done.

Look for this line:

<meta content="cover-image" name="cover" />

and replace it with:

<meta content="cover" name="cover" />

and Calibre should show the correct cover.
Ok, thanks, good to know!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #19
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Is it in this omnibus?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55157
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
Uschiekid
Tenrec

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
This does seem to include it, so thanks! I will download it when my internet stops misbehaving and give it a look.

I still plan to finish cleaning up the file I have started, since I am "pre-reading" that book to some paper copies of other books I have in the series so that I can start using the paper ones as my new bath book
When its a different copy/translation, it can sometimes be hard to figure out where the books divide in a certain publication...

But it will be nice to have a full version of the series.
Advert