Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
mrioux
mrioux began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Audio problem

When trying to watch a movie (avi format) copied to Gallery on my Kobo Vox I get no audio either from the internal speaker or headphones.
mrioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
Thane1
Connoisseur
Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Only one file or all AVI files?

In the former case its likely because the audio portion of the video was encoded using a non-standard codec (English: the Vox video player can't read the audio and play it back because it doesn't know the language). To my knowledge you can't just add on additional codexes to Android devices because the hardware may not support them. The work around is to re-encode the video on you computer and choose standard AVI encoding settings. Such transcoding programs are available on the net, some are even free.

In the latter case if none of your AVI files work then you could have an issue with your Vox.
Thane1 is offline   Reply With Quote