Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #421
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
I'm still working on the GUI part to support different resolution.
I still don't know if this would work on the PW, but, at least, I'm making Komic lighter.

I'm planning on adding a donate button but I don't want to be arrogant. BTW, this would be the easier way to add support for PW (unless someone with some knowledge wants to become a tester!).
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #422
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I mooted that some testers would be nice HERE
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #423
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I mooted that some testers would be nice HERE
Thanks for your help, I didn't see it!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 03:51 AM   #424
freedumb2000
freedumb2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Thanks for your help, I didn't see it!!!
Count me in for testing!
freedumb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #425
Tushin
Tushin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
It seems that Komic doesn't work on PW 5.3.3
I jailbreaked my kindle, and installed KUAL launcher, but when I copy file install.bin to my device, nothing happened. The "update your kindle " line is in gray color and when i connect my paperwhite to computer again, file "install.bin " was disappear
Tushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #426
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushin View Post
It seems that Komic doesn't work on PW 5.3.3
I jailbreaked my kindle, and installed KUAL launcher, but when I copy file install.bin to my device, nothing happened. The "update your kindle " line is in gray color and when i connect my paperwhite to computer again, file "install.bin " was disappear
Please read the first post, COMPATIBILITY paragraph.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 AM   #427
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a question... nothing bad... but I did notice I have a LOT of processes hanging around related to Komic even when it's not running...

Thoughts on that? or perhaps improving that? I'll help if I can. thanks
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #428
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I have a question... nothing bad... but I did notice I have a LOT of processes hanging around related to Komic even when it's not running...

Thoughts on that? or perhaps improving that? I'll help if I can. thanks
I can't test it right now (I'm writing my thesis...)!
I imagine one of them being the upstart script...
Old 03-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #429
silver18
THE NOOB

This is the result of
Code:
ps -aux

Code:
root      1086  0.0  0.2   2332   520 ?        Ss   20:11   0:00 /bin/sh /mnt/us/extensions/komic/bin/resource/Scripts/eventlauncher.sh
root      1094  0.0  0.4   3092  1024 ?        Sl   20:11   0:00 lipc-wait-event -m com.lab126.system komicremovecomic komicsounds komicrefreshscreen komicfreememory komicscreenshot komicgetarray komicdecompress komicgetfirstimage
root      1099  0.0  0.1   2332   356 ?        S    20:11   0:00 /bin/sh /mnt/us/extensions/komic/bin/resource/Scripts/eventlauncher.sh
First and third process are the upstart script running the eventlauncher script to catch events launched from Komic (why 2 processes??).

The second process is the eventaluncher script itself, waiting for any of the listed event.
Maybe it is possible to run the eventlauncher script only at the startup of Komic (and kill it when exiting)...
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #430
twobob

I was seeing 5 or 6 in my list... I uninstalled for now. but will get back round to more testing.. when this huge pile of unfinished work is magically done by elves..

Or I do it.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:58 AM   #431
silver18
THE NOOB

Thanks to eureka, I can now provide an option to remove the status bar inside Komic.
BTW, I'm still working on adapting Komic to every possible resolution!
Stay tuned!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #432
silver18
THE NOOB

Komic should now fit every resolution.
In the meanwhile, I changed something in the aspect-ratio function: if you're using landscape mode, the page now fits the width and the height is calculated to keep the ratio.

This means you now get a full screen mode (even better without status bar).

The first screenshot is portrait mode without status bar.
The second screenshot is landscape mode with the new trick and without status bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_03_20T22_29_40+0059.png
Views:	179
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	103234   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_03_20T22_29_58+0059.png
Views:	166
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	103235  
Old 03-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #433
twobob

sweeeet!

I could dig up that dos1 dbus thingy if you end up needing it.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #434
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
The removal of the status bar is a huge feature for Komic in my point of view and I'm very much looking forward to the new release. But. For several reasons I'm locked into staying on 5.1.2, an older firmware version where you seem to have split developing builds.

Would it be possible, and please take all the time you need, to also draft a version for 5.1.2 where the status bar has been removed? It honestly is the one thing that prevents me from using Komic more than i actually do.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #435
twobob

hmm...
I suppose that we could just make a kual extension that removes the status bar until power cycle or something...

But a dedicated solution is obviously better. I'm still looking for where I put that dos1 example

EDIT: I pm'ed you my suggestion.

Last edited by twobob; 03-21-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Tags
launcher add-ons