Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-27-2021, 09:17 AM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Old CC with Android 11

My Galaxy Tab A wants to update to Android 11. Anyone using the old CC and have updated to 11? I'd like to update so it stops nagging me, but I'm not willing to lose my old, perfect CC (prior to the new CC owner).
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 08:03 PM   #2
ButtonsMom2003
ButtonsMom2003 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ButtonsMom2003 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ButtonsMom2003 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
My Galaxy Tab A wants to update to Android 11. Anyone using the old CC and have updated to 11? I'd like to update so it stops nagging me, but I'm not willing to lose my old, perfect CC (prior to the new CC owner).
I updated my Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite tablet to Android 11 recently. I'm not sure if that's when my problems started or not, though (I wasn't smart enough to pay attention). Now when I try to open a new book from CC it seems to open the last book I'd been reading. I use Moon+ Reader Pro as my default reading app. I can eventually get the to the correct book from within Moon but I think there are other strange things happening, too. It bugs me but otherwise CC seems to be syncing fine with Calibre on my PC. I'm still using Calibre 4.23 for various reasons.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ that I only use for reading. It's on Android 9 and seems to be working fine.
ButtonsMom2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2021, 08:42 AM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtonsMom2003 View Post
I updated my Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite tablet to Android 11 recently. I'm not sure if that's when my problems started or not, though (I wasn't smart enough to pay attention). Now when I try to open a new book from CC it seems to open the last book I'd been reading. I use Moon+ Reader Pro as my default reading app. I can eventually get the to the correct book from within Moon but I think there are other strange things happening, too. It bugs me but otherwise CC seems to be syncing fine with Calibre on my PC. I'm still using Calibre 4.23 for various reasons.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ that I only use for reading. It's on Android 9 and seems to be working fine.
Thanks, everything works fine on my Android 10, so I may not update to 11 given that you are having problems. I only use the tablet for reading and watching videos, no real reason to upgrade.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 06:03 AM   #4
DaySleeper
Enthusiast
DaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toys

Device: MoonReader+ Android app on Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite and otherst
My new Galaxy S6 lite updated to Android 11 shortly after I received it. Unlike my older tablet, when I plug in the S6 lite to my PC, the PC doesn't see the SD card and neither does Calibre, so I can't send books from the PC to the tablet's sd card. What I just did was went ahead and sent the books to internal storage then used the tablet's Files app to move them where I want them. I hope there's a better way to get my SD card recognized, because there are other apps that use the SD card and which I want to move files back and forth between tablet's sd card and my PC without these kinds of hassles.
DaySleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:17 AM   #5
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I'm using Calibre v.4.23 with Calibre Companion v.5.4.3.3 on Android 11 on a Galaxy phone with no problems, and also on a Lenovo tablet running Android 11.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2021, 02:13 AM   #6
DaySleeper
Enthusiast
DaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I'm using Calibre v.4.23 with Calibre Companion v.5.4.3.3 on Android 11 on a Galaxy phone with no problems, and also on a Lenovo tablet running Android 11.
Thanks; that's helpful. I've downloaded the demo version of CC to see if it will work for me. Also reading up on cc on the various forums. I'm not sure yet what's the difference between the demo & full version, though ... and now I see elsewhere on this forum that CC's just been abandoned, plus on some other sites that they've instituted a monthly subscription charge and various other serious issues. I was perfectly happy connecting by wire, if only I could get my sd card recognized.
Old 07-01-2021, 02:19 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
With Calibre Companion 5.4.3.3, the cloud connection does not work for me.
That's the only mistake I've seen so far.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 07-01-2021 at 09:14 AM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 03:58 AM   #8
DaySleeper
Enthusiast

I may have figured out how to make my Android 11 tablet connect properly (via usb) to my Windows (7) PC, and am posting it here in case it's useful to others (maybe everyone else already has it figured out, though!) It seems that these steps need to be followed in the order shown, or it may not work.

1. Start with Calibre closed
2. Plug tablet into pc via usb
3. tap "allow" access on tablet
4. In Windows, verify that both "tablet" (main

device) and "card" are available. Then close the

Explorer window; apparently only one process

can access the tablet at a time, and Calibre

will fail to find it if Explorer has it open.
5. Open Calibre and wait for it to recognize

device.
6. The first time used, run "configure device" to point Calibre to the desired folder on the SD card, then click the button to restart Calibre.
7. After restart, the device should be recognized and the "on device" column should read "Card A" for books on the tablet. (In my case I copied files from the old tablet to the sd card I planned to use in the new tablet from the pc before inserting the sd card into the new tablet, so there were files in the intended location.) I was also confused for a while because instead of an "on device" column I was expecting the column to read "on card A."
Old 07-01-2021, 09:14 AM   #9
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaySleeper View Post
2. Plug tablet into pc via usb
Calibre Companion does not work over USB.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 01:42 PM   #10
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Finally joined the OLD CC crowd. Reason was the new regime CC crashed & messed up the book directory.

Problem encountered with CC on Android 11; install of the Chaley version went OK & was very surprised in how faster the connection to Calibre was as well as the getting of books on to the Samsung A7.

Went ahead to do the same with the Samsung S5e; faster but slower than with the A7; thinking the reason was that the book directory was on the SD card, redid the re-install.

Problem: found later that CC got "updated" to the 'latest' version by Google Play. Checked the "auto update" was unchecked on the S5e but was checked on the A7.......Google bug!

So made the other tablets had the "auto update" unchecked as am thinking that if just 1 device had the "auto update" ticked, that meant all devices for the app will be auto-updated.

Anyone who went back to the old ver of CC should check if their install is still the same!?
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote