Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-20-2021, 11:27 AM   #1
peter_kiel
peter_kiel began at the beginning.

Device: android phone
Open OPDS catalog in Pocketbook Reader app

I can't figure out how to open an OPDS catalog, for example "www.feedbooks.com/catalog.atom", in the Pocketbook Reader app.
In google play store description is said: • Support for OPDS catalogs - get access to network libraries;
I hope someone here is able to guide me through the menu.

Regards,
Peter
peter_kiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:05 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Tap on the 3 bars at the top left and select "Network Libraries". Click on the + in a folder icon at the top and enter the url http://www.feedbooks.com/catalog.atom and add a title then select OK.

TADA all done
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:14 AM   #3
peter_kiel

Thank you for your answer. In german ui there is no "Netzwerk-Bücherei", so I switched ui to english and TATA now it works.

Old 01-21-2021, 02:30 AM   #4
peter_kiel

image link was not working and 5 minutes edit time were too short
Old 11-01-2023, 04:58 PM   #5
FelixTG
FelixTG began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone and Android tablet
Pocketbook support contacted

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_kiel View Post
Thank you for your answer. In german ui there is no "Netzwerk-Bücherei", so I switched ui to english and TATA now it works.

Hello Peter,
thanks for your explanation. Helped.
What helps more. It may be that pocketbook will have this feature with German UI in on of the next updates. I've told the support this behavior and they replied that they could reproduce the issue and software department will try to fix it. So, since when is this (from the beginning) and why did no one contact the support? Hopefully it will be fixed.
As I'm also using Pocketbook reader app on iOS and there is nothing to change the language I couldn't use OPDS there. But with latest updated they have built it in - so it was not in there for all languages.

Have a good reading time
Felix
FelixTG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
opds catalog, pocket book reader app